No. 17 Baseball at No. 14 South Carolina -- Game One -- Postgame Notes
April 20, 2013
GAME NOTES: Kentucky turned its 39th double play of the year in the second inning ... South Carolina extends its all-time series lead with UK to 42-32, including a 24-10 mark in Columbia ... The Wildcats have now lost six consecutive games in Columbia ... UK drops to 3-5 in its all gray uniform combination ... UK is now 2-1 in doubleheaders ... UK drops to 5-5 on the road, including a 2-5 mark in the SEC ... UK is now 19-7 in day games ... UK is now 7-5 against left-handed starting pitching ... UK drops to 3-6 against top-25 teams.
- Sophomore A.J. Reed started on the mound for the team-high 10th time of 2013 and the 25th time in his career.
- Reed was hit by his seventh pitch of the year.
- Reed stole his first career base.
- Junior second baseman J.T. Riddle made his team-high 103rd consecutive start.
- Sophomore Jeff Boehm made his first career start at first base.
- Freshman Kyle Barrett reached as the leadoff hitter to open the first inning. He has reached as the leadoff hitter in an inning in 12 of 25 chances.
- Barrett notched his eighth two-strike hit in the first.
- Barrett recorded his ninth multi-hit game of 2013.
- Barrett stole his fourth base.
- Sophomore Max Kuhn extended his hitting streak to a team-high four games.
- Senior Zac Zellers hit his second homer of the year in the sixth inning, coming on the eighth pitch of the at bat.
- It was Zellers 13th two-strike hit of the year.
- Zellers doubled for the second time.
- Sophomore Austin Cousino was hit by his 13th pitch of the year.
- Senior Walter Wijas had his streak of 12 straight scoreless outings snapped.