No. 19 Baseball at Texas A&M -- 4/19/14 -- Post-Game Notes
April 19, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
No. 19 UK at Texas A&M
April 19, 2014 -- College Station, Texas
Blue Bell Park
Team Records and Notes
- With the win, Kentucky is 26-13, 9-8 in the Southeastern Conference. Texas A&M drops to 23-17, 7-10 in the SEC.
- Kentucky now leads the all-time series with Texas A&M, 3-2.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is now 185-137 in his six-year career.
- Kentucky improves to 3-3 in its blue/gray uniform combination.
- UK is now 7-6 on the road and 4-4 on the road in the SEC.
- UK improves to 18-10 in day games.
- Kentucky is now 17-9 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- The Wildcats are not 9-3 on Saturday’s in 2014 and 7-4 in April.
- Kentucky had six two-out RBI on Saturday and now have an SEC-leading 123 two-out RBI in 39 games. In 2013, UK had 83 two-out RBI in 55 games.
- UK has had double-digit hits in 22 of its 39 games of 2014.
- UK is 5-6 when making one error and 21-2 when outhitting its opponent.
- UK improves to 10-0 when it hits at least two homers.
- UK is now 25-2 when holding an eighth-inning lead in 2014 and is 165-7 in the Henderson era when holding a lead after the eighth inning.
- UK is now 7-9 when its opponent scores first and 5-5 when its opponent scores in the first inning.
- The series will conclude on Sunday at 1:05 p.m. ET at Blue Bell Park. The game will be broadcast live on the UK IMG Network, with the Voice of UK Baseball, Neil Price, calling the action. Fans in Central Kentucky can hear the game live on WLAP 630-AM, in Louisville on WKJK 1080-AM and online at UKathletics.com.
- UK will turn to junior right-hander Andrew Nelson (1-3, 3.22 ERA) on Sunday to face off with Texas A&M sophomore righty Grayson Long (4-1, 2.47 ERA).
- The game on Sunday will be played with an SEC travel curfew due to Kentucky’s commercial air travel out of Houston. No new inning can start after 4 p.m. ET.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 151st consecutive start.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 143 of his 156 career games.
- Sophomore southpaw Dylan Dwyer made his seventh start of the year and his career and his second career SEC start.
- Dwyer worked his third quality start of the year and the second consecutive.
- Dwyer has allowed three runs in his last three starts, working 18.2 innings with three wins.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida has now played in 191 career games, passing Beau Moore (1998-2001) for 11th in UK history.
- Reida has started 176 career games, the 10th most in UK history.
- Junior third baseman Max Kuhn has reached base safely in 85 of his 92 career starts.
- Kuhn recorded his team-high 12th double of the year.
- Kuhn now has 15 multi-hit games in 2014 and 27 in his career.
- Kuhn now has four three-hit games in 2014 and four in his career.
- Junior LHP/1B A.J. Reed notched his 15th multi-hit game of 2014 and the 49th of his career.
- Reed has reached base safely in 35 of his 39 games in 2014.
- Reed hit his NCAA-leading 15th homer of the year, a career high.
- Reed recorded his first four-hit game of the year and the fourth of his career.
- Reed notched his seventh career four-RBI game and the fourth of 2014.
- Reed now has 32 homers and 147 RBI in his three-year career, ranking 12th in UK history in homers and ninth in RBI.
- Four of Reed’s 15 homers have come against left-handed pitching.
- Eight of Reed’s 15 homers have come away from Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Reed now has 19 two-out RBI and 20 two-out hits in 2014.
- Sophomore leftfield Ka’ai Tom extended his team-high streak of 15 straight games reaching base safely.
- Tom notched his second sac bunt of the year.
- Tom was hit by his fourth pitch of the year.
- Tom charted his 10th multi-hit game of the year.
- Freshman second baseman JaVon Shelby notched his second career triple.
- Shelby was hit by his fifth career pitch.
- Junior first baseman Thomas Bernal extended his hitting streak to a club-high 11 games.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas notched his 13th multi-hit game of the year and the 19th of his career.
- Thomas has 19 two-out hits and 18 two-out RBI.
- Freshman lefty Logan Salow has inherited 19 runners in 2014, allowing only three to score.
- Freshman centerfielder Marcus Carson recorded his second career SEC hit.
- Carson now has two, two-strike hits.