No. 19 Baseball at Texas A&M -- 4/18/14 -- Post-Game Notes
April 19, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
No. 19 UK at Texas A&M
April 18, 2014 -- College Station, Texas
Blue Bell Park
Team Records and Notes
- With the win, Kentucky is 25-13, 8-8 in the Southeastern Conference. Texas A&M falls to 23-16, 7-9 in the SEC
- UK head coach Gary Henderson improves to 184-137 in his six-year career.
- UK and Texas A&M met for the first time since 2002, with the series now tied 2-2.
- UK is now 3-1 in its gray/gray uniform combination in 2014.
- UK is now 6-6 on the road in 2014, including a 3-4 mark in the SEC on the road.
- UK is now 7-3 on Friday and 6-4in the month of April.
- With three runs in the first inning, UK improved to 8-4 when scoring in the first inning and 8-4 when scoring first in the game.
- The series will resume on Saturday at 3:05 p.m. ET at Blue Bell Park.
- Kentucky will turn to sophomore southpaw Dylan Dwyer (4-1, 3.76 ERA) to face off with TAMU junior ace righty Daniel Mengden (2-5, 4.05 ERA).
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-high 150th consecutive start.
- Cousino singled to lead off the game and has now reached base safely in 142 of his 155 career games.
- Cousino laid down his eighth career sac bunt.
- Senior shortstop Matt Reida played in his 190th career game, moving into a tie for 11th in UK history with Beau Moore (1998-01).
- Reida has started 175 games in his career, the 10th most in UK annals.
- Junior LHP/first baseman A.J. Reed made his 29th career start and his 24th consecutive series-opening start on a weekend.
- With a first-inning single, Reed has reached base safely in 34 of his 38 games in 2014.
- Reed was hit by his 10th pitch of the year and the 17th time in his career.
- Reed was intentionally walked for the 11th time.
- Reed worked his eighth quality start of the year and the 17th of his career.
- Reed won his 14th career game and now has a 3.09 ERA in his career, ranking fifth in UK career history.
- With seven wins in 2014, Reed is now in 16th in UK's single-season wins record book.
- Junior third baseman Max Kuhn has reached base safely in a team-high 14 straight games.
- Kuhn has reached base safely in 84 of his 91 career starts.
- Kuhn drew his SEC-leading 30th walk of the year.
- Kuhn was hit by his fourth pitch of the year and the seventh of his career.
- Junior first baseman Thomas Bernal extended his career-long hitting streak to 10 games.
- Bernal recorded his 10th multi-hit game of the year and the 15th of his career.
- Bernal notched his fourth and fifth two-out RBI.
- Bernal charted his eighth two-strike hit of the year.
- Bernal stole his fifth base of the year.
- Sophomore leftfielder Ka'ai Tom laid down his first career sacrifice bunt.
- Tom notched his fifth two-out RBI of the year and his eighth two-strike hit of 2014.
- Tom's RBI in the ninth inning marked his second game-winning RBI of 2014 and his first since April 6.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas notched his sixth career two-walk game.
- Freshman Storm Wilson was hit by his 10th pitch of the year.