Baseball vs. Tennessee -- 4/17/15 -- Postgame Notes
April 17, 2015
Tennessee at Kentucky
April 17, 2015
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 3, Tennessee 1
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 21-16 and 7-9 in the Southeastern Conference. Tennessee is 15-19, 5-12 in the SEC.
- UK coach Gary Henderson has a 217-167 all-time record in his seventh year.
- UK has an 11-9 record under Henderson against Tennessee.
- Tennessee leads the all-time series, 164-145, with UK holding a 75-70 mark in games played in Lexington.
- The series will conclude on Saturday at 12 p.m. at Cliff Hagan Stadium, with the game televised live on SEC Network, with Clay Matvick and Chris Burke calling the action. The game will also be on the UK Radio Network, with fans in Central Kentucky able to catch the game on WLAP 630-AM, in Louisville on WKJK 1080-AM and online at UKathletics.com.
- UK is 17-5 when scoring first.
- UK has scored 33 runs in the third inning in 2015.
- UK picked off its seventh runner of the year.
- UK laid down its 17th bunt single of the year.
- UK is 5-0 in blue uniform tops and white pants.
- UK is 10-6 at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- UK is 4-3 in home SEC games.
- UK is 5-6 in night games.
- UK is 15-11 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 5-3 on Fridays.
- UK is 3-5 in April.
- UK has a 4-3 record when no committing an error.
- Under coach Gary Henderson , UK is 190-8 (96%) when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- Kentucky now has seven saves from four different pitchers.
- Sophomore second baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 89th consecutive start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in a team-high 11 consecutive games.
- Shelby recorded his 16th two-out hit of the year.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 34 of 37 games in 2015.
- Freshman first baseman Evan White has a team-long five-game hitting streak.
- White has reached base safely in 32 of 34 games in his career.
- White doubled for the seventh time.
- White has 12 multi-hit games in 2015 and in three consecutive games.
- Junior centerfielder Kyle Barrett played in his team-high 128th career game, starting his 112th contest.
- Barrett has reached base safely in 32 of 36 games in 2015 and in 98 of his 111 career starts. .
- Barrett has 21 multi-hit games in 2015 and 44 in his three-year career.
- Barrett doubled in the fifth inning, his ninth double of the year, for his 150th career hit, ranking No. 27 in UK history.
- Barrett has 19 doubles in his career.
- Junior right-hander Dustin Beggs worked in his 10th weekend start of the year.
- Beggs has worked at least five innings in eight of his nine starts and at least six innings in six starts.
- Beggs picked off his second runner of the year in the fourth inning.
- Beggs tied his career high with eight strikeouts.
- Beggs earned his fifth win.
- Freshman Riley Mahan made his sixth start of the year at third base.
- Mahan laid down his fourth sac bunt of the year.
- Junior leftfielder Ka'ai Tom hung his fifth sac fly of the year and the seventh of his career.
- Tom has 23 two-out hits and 19 two-out RBI.
- Sophomore rightfielder Marcus Carson laid down his fourth bunt single of the year, tying him for the team lead.
- Sophomore outfielder Storm Wilson laid down his fifth sac bunt of the year and the 10th of his career.
- Freshman lefty Zach Logue picked up his first career save in his 12th appearance of the year.