Baseball vs. Tennessee -- 4/16/15 -- Postgame Notes
April 16, 2015
Tennessee at Kentucky
April 16, 2015
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 5, Tennessee 0
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK is 20-15, 6-9 in the SEC. Tennessee is 15-18, 5-11 in the SEC.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is 216-167 in his seven-year career with the Wildcats.
- The series will resume on Friday at 6:30 p.m. at Cliff Hagan Stadium. The game will be live on the UK Radio Network, available in Central Kentucky on WLAP 630-AM, in Louisville on WKJK 1080-AM and online at UKathletics.com.
- UK turned its 36th double play of the year in the first inning.
- UK has scored 34 runs in the first inning in 2015, the most in an inning on the year.
- Kentucky has 17 bunt singles on the year after a one-out knock in the fourth.
- UK is 9-6 at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- UK is 4-6 in night games.
- UK is 5-2 in its white uniform combination.
- UK is 16-5 when scoring first and 10-5 when scoring in the first inning.
- UK is 6-5 vs. a left-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 1-2 on Thursdays.
- UK’s shutout was its first since Zack Brown threw a complete-game shutout vs. Northern Kentucky on March 7.
- It marked UK’s first shutout in SEC play since UK blanked Georgia on May 16, 2014.
- Sophomore second baseman JaVon Shelby made his team- leading 88th consecutive start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 10 consecutive games.
- With a two-out RBI in the first, Shelby has 15 two-out hits and 15 two-out RBI.
- Shelby has 15 multi-hit games in 2015 and 27 in his career.
- Shelby laid down his second bunt single of the year and the 17th of the year for Kentucky.
- Junior centerfielder Kyle Barrett played in his team- leading 127th career game, starting his team-best 111th contest.
- Barrett has now reached base safely in 31 of 35 games in 2015 and in 97 of his 110 career starts.
- Barrett doubled for the eighth time and the 18th time in his career.
- Barrett has 19 two-out hits and nine two-out RBI.
- Barrett now has 148 career hits.
- Sophomore right-hander Zack Brown made his ninth start of the year and the 14th of his career.
- Brown worked 7.1 innings and has now carried the game through six innings in five consecutive starts.
- Brown has worked into the sixth inning in eight of his nine starts.
- Brown worked his fifth quality start of the year and his first since at No. 1 LSU.
- Junior catcher Greg Fettes was hit by his second career pitch.
- Fettes threw out his fourth runner trying to steal.
- Freshman first baseman Evan White ripped his sixth double of the year.
- White has 13 two-out hits and nine two-out RBI.
- White has 11 multi-hit games in 2015.
- White extended his hitting streak to a club-high four games.
- Sophomore lefty Logan Salow appeared in his 14th game of the year and the 37th of his career.
- Junior rightfielder Dorian Hairston doubled for the fourth time in 2015 and the fifth time in his career.
- Hairston has six multi-hit games in 2015 and nine in his career.