No. 13 Baseball vs. Tennessee -- 4/14/13 -- Postgame Notes
April 14, 2013
GAME NOTES: UK dropped to 16-6 in home games ... UK is now 19-6 in day games, 6-2 on Sunday’s and 17-7 against right-handed starting pitching ... UK suffered its first loss of 2013 wearing black and white uniforms, dropping to 6-1 in 2013 and 20-2 the last two years ... UK drops to 6-8 when its opponent scores first ... UK trails the all-time series with Tennessee, 161-143, holding a 74-72 edge in games played in Lexington.
- Junior lefty Corey Littrell made his ninth weekend start of the year and the 38th start of his career.
- Littrell balked for the second time of 2013.
- Junior second baseman J.T. Riddle made his team-high 101st consecutive start.
- Sophomore Austin Cousino hit No. 3 in the order for the fourth straight game.
- With a single in the fourth, Cousino has now reached base safely in 20 of 51 chances as the leadoff hitter.
- Cousino stole his 10th bases of the year in the fourth, swiping third.
- Junior shortstop Matt Reida singled to leadoff the fifth. He has now reached base safely as the leadoff hitter in 12 of 31 chances.
- Junior Paul McConkey laid down his third sacrifice bunt of the year.
- Sophomore Max Kuhn stole his sixth base of the year in the fourth inning.
- Senior Zac Zellers had his five-game hit streak and 17-game reached safely streak snapped.
- Sophomore A.J. Reed had his five-game hitting streak snapped.