No. 13 Baseball vs. Tennessee -- 4/13/13 -- Postgame Notes
April 13, 2013
GAME NOTES: Kentucky dropped to 16-5 at home and 5-3 at home vs. SEC foes ... A season-best 2,726 fans attended the game on Saturday ... UK turned its 36th double play of the year in the fifth inning ... UK is now 17-6 against right-handed starting pitching ... UK is 19-5 in day games and 4-4 on Saturday in 2013 ... UK drops to 6-7 when its opponent scores first ... UK trails the all-time series with Tennessee, 161-142, holding a 74-71 edge in games played in Lexington.
- Junior second baseman J.T. Riddle made his team-leading 101st consecutive start.
- Riddle hung his second sac fly of the year.
- Senior southpaw Jerad Grundy made his ninth weekend start of the year.
- Freshman Zack Storm made his first career SEC start.
- Storm drew his first career walk in the third inning.
- Storm was hit by his second career pitch.
- Senior Zac Zellers hung his team-high sixth sacrifice fly of the year in the third.
- Has reached base safely in 17 consecutive games.
- With a two-out RBI single in the fifth, Zellers has eight two-out hits and three two-out RBI.
- Sophomore A.J. Reed hit his club-best ninth homer of the year in the ninth inning, his first grand slam of 2013.
- Sophomore Max Kuhn hit his third homer of the year in the sixth inning.
- Kuhn's two-out hit was his 14th of 2013 and the his two-out RBI was his 11th.
- Sophomore Austin Cousino was hit by his 11th and 12th pitches of the year.
- Junior catcher Micheal Thomas doubled for the second time in 2013.
- Thomas was hit by his team-high 14th pitch of the year.