No. 13 Baseball vs. Tennessee -- Postgame Notes
April 12, 2013
GAME NOTES: UK improves to 16-4 at Cliff Hagan Stadium, including 5-2 in SEC games ... UK is now 5-5 in night games ... UK is now 17-5 against right-handed starting pitching ... UK is 6-3 on Friday nights ... UK is now 4-1 in its all white uniform combination ... UK trails the all-time series with Tennessee, 160-142, holding a 74-70 edge in games played in Lexington ... UK is now 8-1 in one-run games in 2013 and 26-12 in one or two-run games in the last two years ... UK is now 6-6 when its opponent scores first ... UK is 6-0 in games won in its last at bat in 2013.
- Junior second baseman J.T. Riddle made his team-leading 100th consecutive start.
- Riddle recorded his seventh double of the year with one out in the fourth.
- Sophomore A.J. Reed made his ninth start of 2013 and his 14th career start.
- Reed worked 6.2 innings, allowing two runs, for his fifth quality start of the year and the seventh of his career.
- Reed had the 10th multi-hit game of 2013 and the 27th of his two-year career.
- Senior Zac Zellers has now reached base safely in 16 straight games after a single in the third.
- Zellers has seven multi-hit games in 2013 and 20 in his two-year UK career.
- It marked Zellers' fifth multi-RBI game of 2013 and the eighth of his career.
- Sophomore Max Kuhn has now reached base safely in 30 of 33 games in 2013.
- Kuhn drew his team-high 27th walk of the year.
- Freshman Kyle Barrett started in leadoff in the order for the second time in his career.
- Barrett recorded his seventh two-out hit and his third two-out RBI.
- Barrett had a career-high three hits and two RBI.
- It marked Barrett's seventh multi-hit game of 2013.
- Sophomore Chandler Shepherd inherited a runner in the seventh inning and did not allow him to score.
- Shepherd has now inherited 20 runners, allowing nine to score in 2013.
- Shepherd improved to 2-0 in 2013 and 5-1 in his career.
- Freshman Zack Storm made his first career appearance defensively in the ninth.
- Junior Trevor Gott recorded his ninth save of the year.
- Gott tied his single-season school record with his ninth save and extended his career record to 20 saves in three years.
- Gott has saved 20 of 23 games in his career.
- Gott has not allowed an earned run in his 21.2 innings in those 20 career saves, striking out 33.
- Sophomore Austin Cousino made his second career start not hitting in the No. 1 spot in the order.
- Cousino was hit by his 10th pitch of the year.
- Cousino doubled for the team-high ninth time.