No. 19 Baseball vs. No. 12 Florida -- Post-Game Notes -- 4/5/14
April 5, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Florida
April 5, 2014 - Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky drops to 21-10, 5-6 SEC, while Florida improves to 20-11, 6-5 SEC.
- UK trails the series with Florida 133-60-1.
- Kentucky has faced a ranked opponent in six straight games and 11 of its last 12 contests.
- UK is 7-1 in its blue and white uniform combination.
- UK moves to 6-6 when its opponent scores first.
- UK is 10-1 when scoring 10 or more runs.
- Kentucky has collected double-digit hits for the 16th time this season.
- Kentucky is 14-3 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season.
- UK holds a record of 16-9 in day games.
- UK has a record of 6-5 against teams in the top 25.
- UK moves to 14-7 when facing a right handed starting pitcher.
- UK has a record of 7-3 on Saturdays.
- UK turned its 26th double play of the season.
- Kentucky moves to 14-4 when hitting at least one home run.
- UK has an SEC-leading 101 two-out RBI.
- Kentucky has a record of 122-43 at home under Coach Gary Henderson.
- UK concludes it series against No. 12 Florida on Sunday, April 6 at Cliff Hagan Stadium with the first pitch set for 12:00 p.m. ET.
- Junior Chandler Shepherd made his eighth start of 2014.
- Shepherd worked 5.1 innings tossing 102 pitches, 59 for strikes.
- Junior lefty A.J. Reed cranked the 28th home run of his career.
- Reed is currently leading the SEC in home runs with 11.
- Reed collected his 24th career multi-RBI game, the ninth of the season.
- Reed hit four RBI for the fifth time of his career, the second of 2014.
- Senior Matt Reida has reached base safely in three straight games.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby hit the sixth double of his career.
- Shelby had his sixth career multi-hit game.
- Shelby was walked for the ninth time this season.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 142nd consecutive start.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 134 of 148 career games.
- Cousino had multiple hits for the 16th time this season, the 58th time of his career.
- Cousino collected three hits for the 16th time in his career, the sixth of this season.
- Cousino hit his team high 10th double of 2014.
- Junior Max Kuhn collected his fifth multi-RBI game of 2014, the 12th of his career.
- Kuhn was hit by a pitch for the third time this season, the sixth of his career.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett extended his hitting streak to four games.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom has reached base safely for a team leading 23rd straight time.
- Tom equaled a career high with three walks, giving him 14 on the year.
- Sophomore Greg Fettes hit for his second multi-RBI game of the year.
- Fettes collected his second hit in SEC play, giving him two RBI in the league.
- Junior Thomas Bernal has got a hit in three straight games.
- Bernal has reached base safely in five consecutive games.
- Sophomore left hander Matt Snyder made the seventh appearance of his career.
- Snyder worked one inning, striking out a batter.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas has got a hit in four consecutive games.
- Sophomore reliever Sam Mahar made his eighth appearance of 2014.
- Mahar inherited the 26th runner of his career, the fifth of the season.
- Junior Spencer Jack made his 15th appearance of the year.
- Jack inherited two runners, giving him a total of 15 for 2014.