No. 19 Baseball vs. No. 12 Florida -- Post-Game Notes -- 4/4/14
April 4, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Florida
April 4, 2014 - Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky improves to 21-9, 5-5 SEC, while Florida drops to 19-11, 6-4 SEC.
- UK trails the series with Florida 132-60-1.
- Kentucky has faced a ranked opponent in five straight games and 10 of its last 11 contests.
- The win equals the largest margin of victory in an SEC contest for Kentucky in school history. Kentucky last won by 16 runs against Vanderbilt on May 2, 1993.
- UK is 7-1 in its all white uniform combination.
- UK moves to 15-4 when scoring first.
- Kyle Barrett scored a career high four runs. The last time a Florida opponent player scored four runs in a game was Neiko Johnson on May 20, 2011.
- UK is 10-0 when scoring 10 or more runs.
- Kentucky has collected double-digit hits for the 15th time this season.
- Kentucky is 14-2 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season.
- UK holds a record of 5-1 in night games.
- UK moves to 9-1 when not committing an error.
- UK has a record of 6-4 against teams in the top 25.
- This marks the 37th time in UK history that the team’s home run leader has been in double-digits.
- UK moves to 14-6 when facing a right handed starting pitcher.
- UK has a record of 6-2 on Fridays.
- UK turned its 25th double play of the season.
- All nine starters for UK collected a hit. Eight of nine Kentucky starters hit for an RBI.
- Kentucky improves to 14-3 when hitting at least one home run.
- UK turned in its SEC season high 17 runs, 20 hits, 16 RBI, and four home runs.
- UK has an SEC-leading 96 two-out RBI.
- UK hit a grand slam for the first time since A.J. Reed hit one against St. Joseph’s on February 21, 2014.
- Kentucky has a record of 122-42 at home under Coach Gary Henderson.
- UK owns a 160-7 all-time record in the Gary Henderson era when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- UK continues it series against No. 12 Florida on Saturday, April 5 at Cliff Hagan Stadium with the first pitch set for 1:00 p.m. ET.
- Junior lefty A.J. Reed made his seventh start of 2014.
- Reed tossed 7.0 innings, throwing 119 pitches and striking out three batters.
- Reed threw for his seventh consecutive quality start.
- Reed is 4-0 against top 15 teams.
- Reed cranked his 10th home run of the year, the 27th of his career.
- Reed hit his sixth and seventh doubles of the year.
- With the win, Reed improves his record to 5-1 on the year.
- Reed wore his eighth hit by pitch of the season, the 20th of his career.
- Reed hit multiple doubles for the first time of his career.
- Senior Matt Reida made the 168th start of his career, moving him into 10th place in UK history.
- Reida captured his fourth multi-hit game of the season.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby hit his first career sacrifice fly.
- Shelby had multiple RBI for the fourth time of his career.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 141st consecutive start.
- Cousino hit a grand slam, giving him his third home run of 2014.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 133 of 147 career games.
- Cousino hit for his fifth multi-RBI game of the season, the 33rd of his career.
- Cousino has 12 two-out RBI on the year.
- Cousino’s last grand slam came against Niagara on February 17, 2013.
- Junior Max Kuhn hit his third home run of the season, the eighth of his career.
- Kuhn extended his hitting streak and reach base streak to six games.
- Kuhn had multiple hits for the 12th time this year.
- Kuhn hit for his 12th career multi-RBI game, the fifth of 2014.
- Kuhn has 15 two-strike hits on the season.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett collected his 16th and 17th walks of the year.
- Barrett scored a career high four runs.
- Barrett gathered his fourth multi-walk game of 2014.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom has reached base safely for a team leading 22nd straight time.
- Tom had multiple hits for the seventh time of his career.
- Junior Thomas Bernal had multiple hits for the 10th time of his career, the fifth time this season.
- Bernal hit his way to a career high four hits.
- Bernal hit his second and third doubles of 2014, the fifth and sixth of his career.
- Sophomore catcher Greg Fettes collected his eighth career SEC hit.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas hit his sixth home run of 2014, the 10th of his career.
- Thomas hit multiple RBI for the seventh time this season, the 13th time of his career.
- Thomas has got a hit in three straight games.
- Sophomore reliever Ryne Combs made his ninth appearance of the year.
- Combs worked two inning tossing 27 pitches, 15 for strikes.