No. 7 Baseball at No. 9 Louisville -- Game Notes
April 2, 2013
GAME NOTES: Kentucky improved to 5-3 in the blue tops and white pants on the season ... Kentucky is now 16-3 against right-handed starters in 2013 ... Kentucky extended its lead in the series against Louisville to 66-35-1 ... The Wildcats are now 3-3 when playing in night games ... Kentucky is now 5-1 on the road ... Kentucky is now 10-0 when scoring in the first inning, and 17-2 when scoring first in the ball game ... Kentucky received its first midweek quality start of 2013 from its pitcher Kyle Cody ... UK head coach Gary Henderson improved to 5-4 in his career against Louisville ... UK is 3-1 against top-25 teams in 2013 and is 18-11 in games against top-25 teams in the last two years ... UK is now 11-4 against top-10 teams the last two years ... UK is now 6-1 in one-run games in 2013 and is now 21-9 in one-run games the last two years ... UK is now 2-0 in extra-inning games in 2013.
- J.T. Riddle extended his consecutive streak of starts to 94 games.
- A.J. Reed blasted his team-leading seventh homerun of the season in the top of the first inning on the ninth pitch of the at-bat.
- Recorded his ninth multi-RBI game on the season, leading the team in 2013.
- Trevor Gott picked up the win, improving to 4-0 on the season.
- Max Kuhn hit a solo homerun in the top of the sixth, giving him two on the season and second in his career.
- Zac Zellers drew a walk in the top of the first, pushing his streak of consecutive games reaching base to 11.
- Kyle Cody threw a career-high 6.1 innings, striking out four batters and allowing two earned runs.
- It was Cody’s first career quality start.
- Paul McConkey ripped his first two-out hit of the season in the top of the fourth inning.
- Chandler Shepherd came in for relief in the bottom of the seventh and stranded the runner on third. Has now inherited 17 runners on the season, allowing eight to score.