No. 17 Baseball at Vanderbilt -- Game Three -- Post-Game Notes
March 30, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK at Vanderbilt
March 30, 2014 - Nashville, Tenn.
Charles Hawkins Field
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky falls to 19-9, 4-5 SEC, while Vanderbilt moves to 23-6, 5-4 SEC.
- The series marks the first time in school history that Kentucky has faced top five teams in back to back weekends.
- UK leads the series with Vanderbilt 142-138-5.
- UK is 2-3 in its blue and grey uniform combination.
- Kentucky drops to 4-6 on the road this year.
- UK holds a record of 16-8 in day games.
- UK moves to 13-6 when facing a right handed starting pitcher.
- UK turned its 24th double play of the season.
- UK has a record of 2-3 on Sundays.
- Kentucky holds a record of 12-7 in the month of March.
- UK moves to 14-4 when scoring first.
- UK continues action on Tuesday, April 1 against Louisville at Cliff Hagan Stadium with the first pitch set for 6 p.m. ET.
- Junior right hander Andrew Nelson made his fifth start of 2014.
- Nelson tossed 77 pitches, 47 of them for strikes.
- Nelson pitched 5.2 innings while striking out two batters.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby captured his first career three hit game.
- Shelby had the fourth multi-hit game of his career.
- Shelby hit his fifth double of the year.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 139th consecutive start.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 132 of 145 career games.
- Cousino captured his third and fourth assists of 2014, the 12th and 13th of his career.
- Cousino stole a base for the 12th time this year, the 41st time of his career.
- Cousino collected five hits and three assists over the span of the series.
- Freshman left hander Logan Salow made his ninth appearance of the year.
- Salow has inherited eight runners this season, not allowing any to score.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas captured his 10th hit of SEC play.
- Sophomore Zach Brown made his seventh appearance of the year.
- Sophomore outfielder Ka’ai Tom collected his sixth career multi-hit game.
- Junior Max Kuhn extended his hitting streak to four games.
- Freshman Storm Wilson made his fifth start of the season.
- Sophomore lefty Dylan Dwyer made his sixth appearance of 2014.
- Dwyer inherited two runners, giving him 12 inherited runners for his career.
- Junior reliever Spencer Jack made his 13th appearance of the year, his fourth SEC appearance.
- Jack inherited the 11th runner of his career, not allowing the runner to score.