No. 27 Baseball vs. No. 1 S. Carolina -- Game Three -- Post-Game Notes
March 23, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. South Carolina
March 23, 2014 -- Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- Kentucky falls to 17-7, 3-3 SEC while South Carolina moves to 19-3, 3-3 SEC.
- South Carolina leads the all-time series, 45-34. UK leads 22-15 in Lexington.
- The loss snaps UK’s seven-game win streak against South Carolina in Lexington.
- Kentucky snapped its streak of 103.2 innings pitched without allowing a stolen base.
- UK is 2-1 in its black and white uniform combination.
- Kentucky moves to 11-2 at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- UK holds a record of 15-6 in day games.
- UK moves to 12-5 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher.
- Kentucky is 3-2 vs. teams ranked in the top 25.
- UK has a record of 2-2 on Sundays.
- Kentucky holds a record of 10-5 in the month of March.
- UK moves to 3-4 when its opponent scores first.
- UK has 83 2-out RBI this season.
- Kentucky is 3-1 vs. No. 1 ranked teams in 2014.
- UK is 6-7 in the Henderson era vs. No. 1 ranked teams.
- UK continues action against Xavier on Tuesday, March 25 at Cliff Hagan Stadium with the first pitch set for 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Junior righty Andrew Nelson made his fourth start of the year.
- Nelson pitched a total of 5.1 innings throwing 77 pitches.
- Junior A.J. Reed was walked for the 20th time this season.
- Freshman Storm Wilson hit his first career double.
- Sophomore Ryne Combs made his sixth appearance of 2014.
- Combs inherited his second runner of the season, not allowing the runner to score.
- Combs threw for three innings striking out one.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 135th straight start.
- Freshman Marcus Carson collected the ninth RBI of his career with his fourth two-out hit of the year.
- Carson has five two-out RBI this season.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett has collected a hit in 22 of 23 games this season.
- Barrett extended his hitting streak to three games.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby was hit by a pitch for the third time in his career.
- Shelby has reached base safely in five consecutive games.
- Senior Micheal Thomas hit his seventh double of the year.
- Thomas extended his hitting streak to six games.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom reached base safely for the 18th consecutive game.
- Tom has got a hit in three straight games.