No. 27 Baseball vs. WKU -- Post-Game Notes
March 18, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Western Kentucky
March 18, 2014 -- Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- With the win, Kentucky moves to 15-6, while Western Kentucky drops to 12-9.
- UK moves to 6-0 in the blue and white uniform combination.
- UK is 9-1 at Cliff Hagan Stadium this season.
- UK is 11-3 when scoring first this season.
- UK holds a record of 1-1 in night games this season.
- Kentucky moves to 2-1 in Tuesday games.
- UK is 12-4 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK moves to 11-3 when scoring first.
- The Wildcats turn their 20th double play of the season.
- UK has 75 2-out RBI this season.
- UK has recorded eight games with double-digit runs and 13 double-digit hits this season.
- Ka’ai Tom returned to the lineup after missing five games.
- Kyle Barrett snapped a 21 game starting streak.
- The last time Austin Cousino hit leadoff was on April 9, 2013 against Austin Peay, which was 43 games ago.
- UK owns a 154-7 all-time record in the Gary Henderson era when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- With the series victory, Kentucky leads the all-time series with Western Kentucky 32-25, including 19-13 in Lexington.
- UK continues action Friday, March 21 against South Carolina with the first pitch set for 6:30 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Junior A.J. Reed extended his reached base safely streak to 21 games.
- Reed hit his first triple of the season and the third of his career.
- Reed collected his 12th 2-out hit this season.
- Reed had his multi-walk game for the sixth time this season, the 14th time of his career.
- Freshman Marcus Carson was hit by a pitch for the third time this season.
- Junior Austin Cousino extended his hitting streak to a SEC leading 16 games, which ties his career high.
- Cousino had his seventh 2-out RBI this season.
- Cousino had multiple hits for the 14th time this season, the 56th time of his career.
- Freshman JaVon Shelby hit his third career double.
- Shelby has his third multi-hit game of his career.
- Junior Max Kuhn reached base safely for the 21th consecutive game.
- Kuhn SEC leading 19th walk this season.
- Kuhn has reached base safely in 69 of 75 career games. .
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas extends his hitting streak to three games.
- Thomas reached base streak extends to eight.
- Thomas hit his sixth double of the season, he has 12 in his career.
- Thomas collected three hits for the second time this season, the third in his career.
- Thomas collected his 13th two-out RBI of the season.
- Thomas had his eighth multiple-hit game for the season, the 13th time of his career.
- Sophomore Sam Mahar made his fifth appearance and picked up the win.
- Mahar worked 3 innings, which is his longest appearance this year.
- Freshman Storm Wilson gets his third multi-RBI game.
- Sophomore catcher Ka’ai Tom collected his career high third walk for his second career multi-walk game.
- Senior catcher Matt Reida collected his fifth 2-out RBI game.
- Reida had his third multi-RBI game of the season and the 11th of his career.
- Sophomore Ryne Combs made his fifth appearance and first start.
- Sophomore Zach Strecker made his sixth appearance.
- Sophomore Logan Salow made his fifth appearance.