Baseball vs. Ohio -- Postgame Notes
March 17, 2015
UK vs. Ohio University
Lexington, Ky. -- Cliff Hagan Stadium
FINAL SCORE: Ohio 10, Kentucky 7
- With the loss, Kentucky drops to 13-7. With the win, Ohio improves to 11-6.
- UK still leads the all-time series, 9-8.
- Kentucky is now 5-3 in their blue uniforms.
- Kentucky’s next game is on Friday vs. No. 20 Mississippi State at 6:30 p.m.
- Sophomore RHP Robert Zeigler started his third game of the season.
- Junior centerfielder Kyle Barrett started his team-best 96th career game and played in his team-leading 112th career game.
- Barrett had his second bases loaded hit of the season.
- This is Barrett’s 14th multi-hit game of the season.
- Sophomore second baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 72st consecutive start.
- Shelby extended his hitting streak to seven games.
- JaVon has now reached base safely in a team-high 11 consecutive games.
- Shelby had a two RBI hit in the first inning.
- It marked his fourth multi-RBI game of the season.
- Redshirt senior Thomas Bernal was HBP for the 28th time in his career.
- Is now tied for sixth most with Tyler Howe.
- Junior catcher Zach Arnold had his third RBI of the season.
- It marked his fourth multi-hit game of the season.
- Freshman first basemen Evan White hit his third sacrifice fly of the season.
- Redshirt sophomore outfielder Storm Wilson had his 21st HBP of his career.
- It is his sixth HBP of the season.