No. 20 Baseball at Alabama -- Game Two -- Post-Game Notes
March 15, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK at Alabama
March 15 - Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Team Records, Series History and Notes
- With the win, Kentucky improves to 14-5, 1-1 in the Southeastern Conference. Alabama drops to 11-6, 1-1 in the SEC.
- UK won its first game in Tuscaloosa since 2009.
- Alabama leads the all-time series, 58-37, including 29-15 in Tuscaloosa.
- UK improves to 14-4 in day games.
- UK is now 4-3 when scoring in the first inning and 11-3 when scoring first.
- UK is now 3-1 vs. a left-handed starting pitcher.
- The series will conclude at 5:25 p.m. ET at The Joe.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-high 130th consecutive start.
- Cousino belted his second homer of the year and the 17th of his three-year career.
- Cousino has now reached base safely in 125 of his 136 career games.
- Cousino now has a team-leading 14 game hitting streak.
- Cousino has now reached base safely in all 19 games of 2014.
- Junior right-hander Chandler Shepherd made his fifth start of the year and the 15th of his career.
- Shepherd had his streak snapped at 20.1 consecutive innings pitched without allowing an earned run.
- Shepherd worked his third quality start of the year and the fourth of his career.
- Senior catcher Micheal Thomas hit his third homer of the year and the seventh of his career.
- Thomas notched his seventh multi-hit game of the year and the 13th of his career.
- Thomas had his second three-hit game of 2014 and the third of his career.
- Sophomore rightfielder Kyle Barrett singled in the second inning, giving him hits in 18 of 19 games in 2014.
- Barrett has reached base safely in 36 of his last 37 games and in 52 of 57 career games.
- Freshman second baseman JaVon Shelby made his first career SEC start.
- Junior third baseman Max Kuhn doubled for the eighth time in 2014 and the 17th time in his career.
- Kuhn has now reached base safely in 67 of 73 career games.
- Kuhn has reached base safely in all 19 games in 2014.
- Junior A.J. Reed has reached base safely in all 19 games in 2014.
- Junior Spencer Jack inherited two runners, allowing one to score.
- Jack has inherited eight runners on the year, with four scoring.