No. 20 Baseball at Alabama -- Game One -- Post-Game Notes
March 14, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK at Alabama
March 14 - Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Team Records, Series History and Notes
- With the loss, Kentucky drops to 13-5, 0-1 in the Southeastern Conference. Alabama improves to 11-5, 1-0 in the SEC.
- Alabama leads the all-time series, 58-36, including 29-14 in Tuscaloosa.
- UK is now 2-1 in shutouts.
- UK is now 3-2 when its opponent scores first.
- UK is now 0-1 in night games and 3-2 on Friday’s.
- UK is now 6-3 in March.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is now 6-7 in his career against Alabama.
- UK drops to 2-1 in its grey/grey uniform combination.
- Kentucky and Alabama will conclude the series on Saturday with a doubleheader slated to begin at 1:30 p.m. ET at The Joe.
- After a six-game absence due to a minor injury, Kentucky senior shortstop Matt Reida returned to the starting lineup.
- Junior A.J. Reed made his fifth start of the year on the mound and the 24th of his three-year career.
- Reed has reached base safely in 20 straight games.
- Reed finished with a season-high six strikeouts.
- Junior centerfielder Austin Cousino made his team-leading 129th consecutive start.
- Cousino extended his hitting streak to a team-high 13 games.
- Junior third baseman Max Kuhn drew his SEC-leading 17th walk of the year.
- Kuhn has now reached base safely in 18 straight games and in 66 of 72 career games.
- Kuhn notched his sixth two-walk game of the year.
- Sophomore rightfielder Kyle Barrett singled in the second inning, giving him hits in 17 of 18 games in 2014.
- Barrett has now reached base safely in 35 of his last 36 games and in 51 of his 56 career games.
- Barrett notched his seventh multi-hit game of the year and the 22nd of his career.
- Fifth-year senior catcher Micheal Thomas notched his third two-walk game of the year.
- Freshman Zack Brown made his SEC debut, stranding his first career inherited runner.
- Sophomore Matt Snyder allowed his third consecutive inherited runner to score.