Baseball vs. Northern Kentucky -- Postgame Notes -- 3/7/15
March 7, 2015
UK vs. Northern Kentucky
Lexington, Ky. -- Cliff Hagan Stadium
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 6, Northern Kentucky 0
- With the win, Kentucky improves to 10-3. With the loss, Northern Kentucky drops to 3-9.
- UK now leads the all-time series, 8-0.
- Kentucky and the Norse will return to action on Saturday with a doubleheader slated for a 12 p.m. start at Cliff Hagan Stadium. The games will be broadcast on the UK Radio Network and will be televised live on SEC Network+, with Jeff Piecoro and Doug Flynn calling the action.
- Sophomore RHP Zack Brown made his third start of the year.
- Brown pitched complete game, which is the longest of his career.
- Brown set a new career high of 11 strikeouts.
- Brown notched the first complete-game shutout for Kentucky since Dylan Dwyer in 2014 vs. Cincinnati.
- Brown's complete-game shutout was the first for UK on a weekend since Alex Meyer blanked No. 1 Vanderbilt in 2011.
- Sophomore second baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 65th consecutive start.
- Junior centerfielder Kyle Barrett played in his team-best 105th career game and started his club-high 89th game.
- Barrett extended his hitting streak to 11 games.
- Junior outfielder Ka'ai Tom had his seventh hit with two outs and runners in scoring position.
- Tom stole his third base of the season.
- Redshirt senior infielder Thomas Bernal had his seventh two out RBI hit of the season.
- Bernal had his team-best 14th RBI of the season.
- Sophomore infielder Connor Heady stole his first base of the season.
- Freshman infielder Riley Mahan with his second double of the season.