No. 22 Baseball vs. Cincinnati -- Game Two -- Post-Game Notes
March 5, 2014
2014 Kentucky Baseball
UK vs. Cincinnati
March 5, 2014 -- Lexington, Ky.
Cliff Hagan Stadium
Team Records and Notes
- With the win, Kentucky improves to 11-2, while the loss moves Cincinnati to 2-9.
- UK moves to 4-0 in its blue and white uniform combination.
- UK holds a record of 10-2 in day games this season.
- Kentucky had double-digit hits for the eighth time this season.
- UK is 9-2 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher.
- Kentucky had double-digit runs for the fourth time this year.
- UK moves to 8-2 when scoring first.
- Kentucky won its 98th consecutive game when staked to an eighth-inning lead, dating back to 2011.
- UK owns a 150-5 all-time record in the Gary Henderson era when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- The win gives UK a series lead of 58-29-2 against Cincinnati.
- Kentucky is on a nine game winning streak for the first time since its 22 game streak dating from Feb. 17-March 21, 2012.
- UK continues play Friday, March 7 against Ball State with the first pitch set for 4 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Junior Austin Cousino extended his hitting streak to eight games.
- Cousino has reached base safely in 119 of 128 career games.
- Cousino hit his second triple of the season, the fifth of his career.
- Cousino had his ninth multi-hit game of the season, the 51st of his career.
- Junior Max Kuhn reached base safely for the 13th consecutive game.
- Kuhn has reached base safely in 61 of 67 career games.
- Kuhn was walked multiple times for the third time this season, the 10th time of his career.
- It was the second consecutive multi-walk game for Kuhn.
- Junior Andrew Nelson made his first career start.
- Nelson threw a career-high four innings.
- Nelson struck out a career high three batters.
- Nelson made his longest appearance, going four innings.
- Sophomore Thomas Bernal wore his fifth hit by pitch this season.
- Bernal has been hit by a pitch 13 times in his career.
- Bernal hit his first double of the season, the fourth of his career.
- Junior A.J. Reed extended his hitting streak to 15 games.
- Reed was walked for the sixth consecutive game.
- Reed reached base safely for the 15th consecutive game.
- Reed was intentionally walked for the 13th time of his career.
- Freshman Connor Heady was walked multiple times for the fourth time in his career.
- Heady laid down his fourth sacrifice bunt of the season.
- Heady hit his third sacrifice fly of the season.
- Sophomore Kyle Barrett extended his hitting streak to 15 games.
- Barrett has reached base safely in 46 of 50 career starts.
- Barrett has reached base safely in 30 consecutive games.
- Barrett hit his sixth 2-out RBI of the season.
- Barrett had his fifth multiple hit game of the season, the 20th of his career.
- Sophomore Zach Arnold had his second career multiple hit game.
- Junior Spencer Jack inherited three runners without allowing any to score.
- Jack has inherited five runners this season.
- Sophomore Ka’ai Tom hit the first sacrifice fly of his career.