Kentucky-Richmond Postgame Notes
Feb. 14, 2015
- With the win, Kentucky improves to 2-0. With the loss, Richmond drops to 0-2.
- UK now leads the all-time series, 3-2, including a 3-1 mark in neutral site meetings.
- In the Henderson era, UK is 174-7 (96%) when staked to an eighth-inning lead.
- In Henderson's 12 previous years directing the UK pitching staff, the Wildcats are 326-14 (96%) when owning a lead after the eighth inning.
- Kentucky will return to action on Thursday, traveling to face Southern California for a one-game set in Los Angeles. First pitch is slated for 9 p.m. ET and the game will be broadcast live on the UK Radio Network, with Dick Gabriel voicing the action. Fans in Central Kentucky can hear the game live on Fox Sports 1580-AM and online at UKathletics.com.
- Sophomore rightfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 41 of his 47 career games.
- Wilson notched his first career multi-steal game, swiping four bags, eclipsing his total from 2014.
- Wilson is the first UK player to steal four bases in a game since Chris Bisson swiped four bases at Auburn in 2010.
- Wilson was hit by his 16th and 17th career pitches.
- Junior Greg Fettes has four two-out RBI in two games and has nine in his three-year career.
- Junior leftfielder Ka’ai Tom ripped his eighth career double.
- Tom was hit by his 10th career pitch.
- Tom stole his 15th career base.
- Senior Thomas Bernal made his second career start at third base.
- Bernal charted his 13th career double.
- Junior Zach Arnold made his fifth career start.
- Junior righty Kyle Cody made his team-leading 17th start.
- Sophomore second baseman JaVon Shelby stole his first career base.
- Sophomore shortstop Connor Heady notched his first career multi-hit game.
- Senior righty Andrew Nelson made his first appearance of the year.
- Redshirt freshman Troy Squires made his collegiate debut.
- Junior lefty Dylan Dwyer appeared in his 29th career game.
- Junior Zach Strecker made his 35th career appearance.
- Senior Spencer Jack made his 27th appearance at Kentucky.