Live from Fayetteville: NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships Blog - Day Three
June 12, 2009
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -
- In the men's 100m dash final, junior Rondel Sorrillo ran the third-fastest time in UK history clocking in at 10.22 to finish fifth overall and pick up four points for the Cats.
- The UK men's 4x100m relay team of senior Gordon McKenzie, classmate Jose Acevedo, junior Kwasi Obeng and junior Rondel Sorrillo placed sixth overall with the fourth-fastest time in school history, crossing the finish in 39.27. The team picked up three team points for UK.
- In the final event of the heptathlon, senior Ashley Trimble placed second in the heptathlon 800m run with a personal-best time of 2:11.32 to pick up 945 points. As a result, Trimble finished the event in 14th place overall with 5459 tallies.
- In the women's heptathlon, senior Ashley Trimble used finished 12th in the javelin with a personal-best throw of 118-08 to pick up 594 points toward her total.
- Senior Ashley Trimble hit the dirt at 17-9.75 to place 20th in the women's heptathlon long jump. She collected 680 points to increase her total to 3920. She now stands in 20th overall with two events remaining.
- Senior Ashley Trimble just wrapped up the women's long jump portion of the heptathlon. Her event schedule was pushed back 75 minutes. She will compete in the heptathlon javelin at 5:15 p.m. ET and the heptathlon 800m run at 7:15 p.m. ET.
- The new running schedule for tonight moves the UK men's 4x100m relay final back to approximately 8:20 p.m. ET and junior Rondel Sorrillo's appearance in the men's 100m dash final back to approximately 9:50 p.m. ET.
- Greetings Big Blue fans from the University of Arkansas! Due to a 3.5 hour weather delay, the competition schedule has been moved back for the day. Field events that were to be completed this morning are currently competing on the infield while running events and CBS College Sports Television's live broadcast has been pushed back one hour tonight to begin at 8:00 p.m. ET.