Live from College Station: NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships Blog - Day One
March 13, 2009
COLLEGE STATION, Texas
- Junior Rondel Sorrillo finished fourth overall in the men's 200m dash with his top time as a Wildcat of 20.82. His time improves his second-place mark all-time at Kentucky in the event. Sorrillo will compete in the event final tonight at 9:10 p.m. ET.
- In the men's 60m dash, junior Rondel Sorrillo posted a time of 6.65 to finish third in his heat and qualify for the event final on Saturday at 7:10 p.m. ET.
- Senior Mikel Thomas placed seventh in his heat of the 60m hurdles with a time of 7.89 to place 12th overall. Thomas crossed the finish line gimpy with an injury incurred towards the end of the race and was escorted off of the track by medical personnel.
- In the final event of the pentathlon, the 800m run, Trimble posted a time of 2:17.81 to finish second overall in her heat. Her point total in the event was 854 pushing her accumulated total to 3,997 - A NEW UK RECORD!
- In the long jump, Trimble's first attempt measured 18-05.00. Her second jump came in at 17-10.25. Trimble's final jump was 17-11.75. She receives 732 points for her first attempt for a total of 3,143 tallies on the day to remain 13th overall going into the final event.
- On her second attempt, Trimble threw 33-07.25. Her final throw measured 36-4.75. Trimble gained 619 points for her first attempt of 37-3.75. She has a total of 2,411 points in 13th overall.
- Now competing in the shot put, Trimble threw 37-03.75 in her first attempt. Her personal best throw is 38-06.75.
- Trimble increased her personal-best height to 5-4.25, clearing the bar on her third attempt. She gets 771 points for her effort totaling 1,792 points after two events to stand in eighth place overall.
- Trimble cleared a personal-best of 5-3 on her first attempt. The bar will now be raised to 5-4.25.
- Trimble cleared her second height of 5-1.75 on her first attempt.
- Trimble cleared her first height of 5-0.25 on her second attempt. The bar will now be raised to 5-1.75.
- The pentathlon high jump is about to begin. Trimble's best jump of the year is 5-2.50 set last week at Notre Dame.
- Senior Ashley Trimble kicked off the meet in impressive fashion by finishing third in the first of the five events. Trimble posted a time of 8.48 in the 60m hurdles - just 0.03 seconds shy of her personal best mark. As a result, she earned 1,021 points for third overall, only 27 points out of second.
- Greetings Big Blue fans from Texas A&M University! The newly-built indoor facility is really impressive, be sure to check it out on ESPN360.com. Competition kicked off at 11:00 a.m. ET with the women's pentathlon.