Purdue-Oklahoma Postgame Notes
OKLAHOMA 61, PURDUE 45
MARCH 19, 2016
FIRST ROUND, LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY
• Purdue ended the season 20-12. This was Purdue’s 23rd 20-win season in school history and seventh under Coach Sharon Versyp.
• This was Purdue’s 25th year in the NCAA Tournament.
o The Boilermakers are now 46-24 all-time in the tourney.
o Purdue is 20-2 in first round games.
• All 10 of Purdue’s players made it into the scoring column during the game.
• Senior April Wilson led the Boilermakers in her final game, tallying nine points and four assists.
• Dominique McBryde added six points and led Purdue in rebounding with six boards.
• Oklahoma is now 22-10 and will play the winner of UNC Asheville vs. Kentucky on Monday.
• The Sooners are in their 19th NCAA Tournament – the 17th in a row under Coach Sherri Coale.
o OU is 32-18 all-time in the tourney
o OU is 15-3 in first round games.
• Oklahoma held Purdue to 45 points, the fewest scored this season by the Boilermakers.
• OU limited Purdue to 28.1 percent from the field.
• The Sooners also blocked 13 shots, most ever by OU in an NCAA Tournament game.
• OU is now 21-2 this season when keeping foes under 70 points.
• Peyton Little paced the offense with a game-high 20 points, her third 20-point game of the season. Little made 4 of 7 from 3-point range.
• Vionise Pierre-Louis was a strong force around the basket, totaling seven points, a game-high eight rebounds and a career-high seven blocked shots.