No. 11/12 Kentucky Ends Home Stretch with Jackson State Sunday
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The No. 11/12 University of Kentucky women’s basketball team ends its four-game home stretch Sunday when it plays hosts to Jackson State for a 2 p.m. ET tipoff inside Memorial Coliseum. The Wildcats enter the game with a perfect 5-0 record, including a 4-0 mark at home.
Single-game reserved tickets are $9 for all ages, while adult general admission single-game tickets are $8. For those aged 6-18 or 65-and-over, general admission costs are $5 per ticket. Children age five-and-under are admitted free in the general admission seating area, and UK students, faculty and staff are admitted free with valid identification.
The game will be live streamed on the SEC Network+ with Jeff Piecoro and Christi Thomas calling the action. SEC Network+ is available through WatchESPN. The game can also be heard live on the UK Sports Radio Network with Neil Price calling the action for the 11th consecutive season. Fans in Lexington can hear Price’s call on 630AM WLAP.
|Jackson State at Kentucky
Sunday, Nov. 29 - 2 p.m. ET
Lexington, Ky. - Memorial Coliseum
Game Notes: UK | Jackson State
Kentucky is coming off a 89-67 victory over Eastern Michigan on Wednesday paced by senior guard Janee Thompson, who recorded the second double-double of her career with 16 points and 10 assists. Freshman guard Maci Morris scored a career-high 17 points in the game, hitting five 3s in the game with six rebounds.
Junior guard Makayla Epps leads Kentucky in scoring averaging 17.3 points per game and 6.5 rebounds, while Thompson averages 13.8 points per game and 7.2 assists per game. Three other Wildcats are averaging double figure scoring, including sophomore Alexis Jennings at 12.8 points per game, Morris at 11.2 points per game and junior Evelyn Akhator at 11.0 points per game. Akhator is also averaging a team-best 11.8 rebounds per game.
The Wildcats are averaging 85.4 points per game this season behind a strong field goal percentage of 49.3%, while hitting 44.4% from 3-point land. Kentucky is outrebounding its opponents by 8.8 rebounds per game, while recording over 20 assists per game and forcing opponents into 19.8 turnovers per game.
Jackson State is currently 2-1 on the season, topping the University of Mobile and Jacksonville State while falling to Tulane. Last season, JSU held a 14-16 record, including a 10-8 record to finish third in the SWAC. The Lady Tigers return just one starter from the 2014-15 season, and lose nine total players from last year’s squad.
The 2015-16 JSU team has multiple experienced but fresh faces, with six junior college transfers. Derica Wiggins is the only player on the team to average double-digit scoring, posting 18.7 points per game to pace the team’s offense. The next leading scorer is Daisha Williams, who has put up 8.3 ppg in the three games. Chelsea Causey has been the leader in rebounding with 6.7 boards per game, and is the team’s strongest defensive rebounder with nearly twice as many def. boards than any of her teammates.
Kentucky and Jackson State have never faced off in the history of the two programs. All-time against the Southwest Athletic Conference, the Wildcats hold a flawless 12-0 record. The last time UK met up with a team from the SWAC, UK came away with a dominant 109-46 victory over Grambling State on Dec. 29, 2013 in Memorial Coliseum.
For more information on the Kentucky women’s basketball team, follow @UKHoopCats on Twitter and Instagram, or like Kentucky Women’s Basketball on Facebook.
Spectator parking is located in the following areas:
- All E-lots surrounding Memorial Coliseum are off control beginning 3 hours prior to tip. This includes the College of Education E-lots, located off Scott Street.
- The South Limestone Garage (PS#5, adjacent to Kennedy's Bookstore) and the Rose Street Garage (PS#2) are available 2 hours prior to tip-off.
- Lexington Authority Transit Center Parking Garage is available after 5 p.m. ET on weekdays and all day on weekends.
- When parking in the Transit Center, pull a yellow token from the dispenser and keep in your vehicle. See the event staff attendant at the entrance near Lexington Avenue/High Street to receive a free parking voucher before the game. When exiting the garage after the game, place your yellow token in the machine, then scan the barcode on your free parking voucher to exit.
- Disabled parking is available in the E-Lot (Employee Lot) north of the Joe Craft Center, adjacent to the metered spaces running along the front of the Craft Center with a valid, state issued disabled hang tag. These spaces are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis until full.
Please note: parking is prohibited in any R-lots (Residential). Vehicles parked in Residential lots without a proper permit, along yellow curbs, grass spaces, or other non-specified and unapproved areas may be subject to ticket and/or tow.
- Free shuttle services are available beginning 2 hours prior to tip off from the South Limestone Garage located off Limestone and Upper Street and the Transit Center Parking Garage located off High Street and Vine Street.
- The Parking Structure #5 shuttle (blue route) picks up/drops off on Administration Drive, at the end of the pedestrian sky bridge accessed from the 3rd floor of the parking garage. The pickup/drop off point near Memorial Coliseum is at the Euclid entrance.
- Transit Center Parking Garage (green route) picks up/drops off near the corner of High Street and Martin Luther King. The pickup/drop off point near Memorial Coliseum is near the Ticket Office at the Lexington Avenue entrance.
- Shuttles will start back up at halftime and continue until 1 hour post-game to return guests to their parking areas.
Game day Information:
- Doors to Memorial Coliseum will open one (1) hour prior to tip-off.
- UK Athletics encourages women's basketball fans to arrive early to ease traffic and parking congestion around the Coliseum.
- Surface lots (i.e. Joe Craft Center North, Rose Street lot and the Alumni Center lot) reach capacity approximately 1.5 hours prior to tip-off, at which point vehicles should proceed directly to the South Limestone Garage (PS#5), Rose Street Garage (PS#2), the E-lots near the College of Education or the Lexington Authority Transit Center Parking Garage near High Street and Lexington Avenue.
For more information on parking around Memorial Coliseum and other game-day questions visit ukathleticsgameday.com/hoops.