Kentucky Women’s Basketball Game Day Information
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The University of Kentucky women’s basketball team will begin the 2016-17 season with its lone exhibition game Thursday against Union University inside Memorial Coliseum. Before attending games at Memorial Coliseum this season, fans are encouraged to visit ukathleticsgameday.com/wbb for the most up-to-date information on parking, promotions, prohibited items and more.
UK Athletics is excited to announced nearly 200 additional spectator parking spots for women’s basketball home games this season, in addition to some minor facility upgrades and the Kid Zone – a year-long promotion on the Rose Street concourse featuring games, poster making, face tattoos and coloring.
Below is an expanded look at some new game day features for 2016-17 and important details from season’s past.
What’s New for 2016-17
Additional Spectator Parking
- New spectator parking options include the High Street Lot, located at the corner of East High Street and South Martin Luther King Boulevard, and the Alumni Center Lot on Linden Walk, resulting in nearly 200 additional parking spaces.
- Fans are encouraged to us the Lexington Parking Authority Transit Center Parking Garage this season, located between High Street and Vine Street, which is available for parking after 5 p.m. during the week and all day on the weekends. Furthermore, a free shuttle service will pick up by the Transit Center bus stop, near the corner of High Street and Martin Luther King. A shuttle service is also available near the South Limestone Garage. Shuttles are available beginning 2 hours prior to tip and will start back up after halftime to return guests to their parking areas. The shuttle will discontinue service 1-hour post-game.
- A parking and shuttle map can be found, here.
Winning Tools Education Day
- Matthew Mitchell and the UK women’s basketball program are offering free admission to all local schools on Thursday, Nov. 17 against New Hampshire as part of UK’s Winning Tools Education Day. Groups should RSVP online HERE by Thursday, Nov. 10. Space is limited and schools are encouraged to sign up as soon as possible to ensure tickets. High school groups should email email@example.com for additional information.
- The Winning Tools Education day is based on Mitchell’s Winning Tools of honesty, hard work and discipline, which he has used to successful build the Kentucky women’s basketball program.
- The Kid Zone, featuring games, poster making station, face tattoos and coloring, will be located at the Rose Street entrance of Memorial Coliseum.
- While observing Memorial Coliseum’s rich historic foundation, UK Athletics has made some minor facility upgrades, including fresh paint in the seating areas and lighting upgrades in the restrooms. To spotlight the Coliseum’s past, UK refurbished the original UK logo at the Euclid Ave Entrance.
- Patrons can find additional concessions offerings on both the west and east concourses, including Papa John’s Pizza, Dippin’ Dots, Creamery Ice Cream and Top N’ Go Walking Tacos. Kentucky Proud items will be served for women’s basketball games, such as honey sriracha chicken over rice, drunken chicken over rice, hearty vegetable soup in a bread bowl, and mac and cheese waffle cone. The concessions stands will feature specialty concessions items, including a “Cat Tail” (sausage and doughnut) and a pork chop sandwich.
2016-17 Game Day Information
Memorial Coliseum Entry
- Doors to Memorial Coliseum open 1 hour prior to tip.
- Women’s basketball fans may enter Memorial Coliseum from three different locations
- Lexington Avenue Entrance: Located on the west side of Memorial Coliseum, directly off of Lexington Avenue. This entrance is recommended for fans that sit in sections A-J, AA-JJ or that park in the Joe Craft Center Lot, the Transit Center or the High Street Lot. For fans that receive tickets through UK or visiting team pass lists, those that are picking up their tickets at will call or those that wish to purchase tickets, please enter Memorial Coliseum via the Lexington Avenue entrance and follow directional signage to find the correct location to pick-up or purchase your tickets.
- Rose Street Entrance: Located on the east side of Memorial Coliseum, closest to Rose Street. This entrance is recommended for fans that sit in sections T-X, R-Z, RR-ZZ or that park in the Joe Craft Center Lot, on Linden Walk or in Parking Structure #2.
- Avenue of Champions/Euclid Entrance: Located on the South Side of Memorial Coliseum, directly off of Avenue of Champions/Euclid Avenue. This entrance is recommended for fans that ride the Parking Structure #5 (blue route) shuttle.
- Spectator parking is located in all of the E-lots surrounding Memorial Coliseum, all lots are off control 3 hours prior to tip. Additionally, the South Limestone Garage (PS#5) and the Rose Street Garage (PS#2) are available 2 hours prior to tip. See the shuttle map and route information diagram below for all available women’s basketball spectator parking options.
- Parking is prohibited in any R (Residential) lots. Vehicles parking in R lots without a proper permit, along yellow curbs, grass spaces, or other non-specified and unapproved areas may be subject to ticket and/or tow.
- Disabled spectator parking is available with a valid, state issued disabled hang tag in the E-Lot (Employee Lot) north of the Joe Craft Center. These spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis until full.
- A parking map can be found, here.
Transit Center Parking Garage
- UK women’s basketball fans can avoid traffic and congestion around Memorial Coliseum and park for FREE at the Transit Center Garage – available after 5 p.m. ET on weekdays and all day for weekend games.
- The Transit Center Parking Garage is accessible from Vine Street or High Street.
- Push the green flashing button upon entry, take the yellow token and store it in a safe place. Park in the garage and find the UK Athletics event staff member at the entrance of the garage near Lexington Avenue for a free parking token to use after the game when you exit the garage. Staff will remain on site until 20 minutes after tip.
- Please do not lose your token. If you lose your token, you will be charged an $8 fee for a lost token fee. If you lose your token, visit the pay on foot station located in the 7th floor elevator lobby of the garage and choose “lost token.” You will be charged $8.00 and given a new token that can be used to exit the garage.
- Shuttles are available beginning 2 hours prior to tip and pick up and drop off near the South Limestone Garage (Parking Structure # 5) (blue route) and near the Transit Center Parking Garage and High Street Lot (green route).
- Shuttles will start back up after halftime to return guests to their parking areas, the shuttle will discontinue service 1-hour postgame.
- A shuttle map with route information is available here.
- The UK Ticket Office is located adjacent to Memorial Coliseum on Lexington Avenue. The ticket office will open 1 hour prior to tip and will close at halftime.
- All persons (ages 5+) must have a ticket or credential to enter Memorial Coliseum.
- Faculty and/or staff members with a valid UKID receive free admittance + one free guest.
- Wildcat Sports Passes are NOT valid for free entry for women’s basketball games.
- For more information regarding tickets, including a seating chart, visit our women’s basketball tickets page.
- Lower Level Chairbacks (Sections A-J, T-X): $80, SOLD OUT
- Upper Level Chairbacks (Sections AA-JJ): $65
- Lower Level Bleachers: $65
- General Admission Seating: Upper Level Bleachers: $65
Single Game Tickets
- Reserved Seating (All Ages): $9
- General Admission Seating (Adults): $8
- General Admission Seating (Ages 6-18): $5
- General Admission Seating (Ages 65+): $5
- Ages 5 and under are free in general admission areas
- Students’ admission is free with a valid UK student ID
The following items are NOT permitted inside Memorial Coliseum:
- Outside food and drinks, including alcoholic beverages
- Portable heaters & combustibles
- Glass, aluminum containers and ice chests
- Artificial noisemakers, irritants and laser pointers
- All illegal substances, tobacco products and electronic cigarettes
- Large bags
- Portable heaters
- Unmanned aircrafts
- Poles, extensions or selfie sticks
- The use of drones and any other unmanned or remote control aircraft is expressly prohibited both inside and in the vicinity of Memorial Coliseum on game day. Any such use is defined as a violation of National Defense Airspace by the Federal Aviation Administration and violators may be subject to criminal penalties.
The following items are WELCOMED inside Memorial Coliseum:
- Bottle of water – unopened, smaller than one liter
- Personal chair backs – maximum width 18 inches
- Bags – one per person, not to exceed 13.5″ x 10″ x 7″ in size; all bags are subject to search upon entry
- Strollers – small collapsible style that fits under a stadium seat; strollers are subject to search upon entry
- Camera lenses – maximum length 6 inches; no detachable lenses
- Service animals – accompanied by guests with disabilities or a trainer
- Apparel vending is available through the UK Team Shop, which sells merchandise on both the east and west concourse across from the concession stands.
More Game Day Information
- Complete game day information can be found at ukathleticsgameday.com/wbb.
2016-17 Special Parking Information – Thursday, Nov. 17 vs. New Hampshire – 11 a.m. ET tip
- Due to game time and regular University function, all surrounding parking lots of Memorial Coliseum will NOT be available unless you have a valid UK parking pass.
- All fans without a valid UK parking pass are encouraged to park at John Cropp Stadium and Bell Soccer Complex off Alumni Drive.
- A free shuttle service will be available from soccer/softball parking beginning at 9:30 a.m. ET. The shuttle service will operate until 30 minutes after tip and will resume service at halftime until one hour postgame.
- For more information, visit ukathleticsgameday.com/wbb