Kentucky-Vanderbilt Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at Vanderbilt
Vanderbilt Stadium -- Nashville, Tenn.
Nov. 14, 2015
FINAL SCORE: Vanderbilt 21, Kentucky 17
Team Records and Series Notes
• Kentucky is 4-6, 2-6 in the Southeastern Conference. Vanderbilt is 4-6, 2-4 in the SEC.
• The all-time series is tied, 42-42-4, with Vanderbilt owning a 27-19-2 record in games played in Nashville.
• Kentucky will return to action on Saturday, hosting Charlotte at 7:30 p.m. ET at The New Commonwealth Stadium. The game will be televised live on the SEC Network, and broadcast live on the UK Sports Radio Network.
• Kentucky scored on its opening possession for the first time since the season opener vs. UL Lafayette.
• UK’s defense forced a game-opening three and out for the Vandy offense, marking the seventh time in eight games UK has forced a punt or turnover to open the game defensively.
• Kentucky’s game captains were Farrington Huguenin, Josh Forrest, Patrick Towles and Jordan Swindle for the second consecutive game.
• UK eclipsed the 200+ yard rushing mark for the second time in 2015.
• Sophomore WR Dorian Baker had a team-leading seven catches for 42 yards.
o Baker has 53 catches through 10 games in 2015.
• With records complete back to 2004, Baker’s 53 catches are the third most in UK history through 10 games, behind only Randall Cobb (63; 2010) and Keenan Burton (57, 2006).
• Sophomore TB Boom Williams eclipsed the 100-yard rushing mark for the fourth time in 2015 and the sixth time in his career.
o Williams rushed 13 times for 115 yards, including a long of 66.
• Freshman QB Drew Barker threw the first touchdown pass of his career.
o Barker was 5-for-8 for 60 yards.
• Junior TB Jojo Kemp rushed for his third TD of the year and the 10th of his career.
o Kemp rushed eight times for 53 yards, including a 23-yard scamper.
• Junior WR Ryan Timmons caught his first TD pass of the year and the fifth of his career.
• Junior QB Patrick Towles made his 22nd consecutive start.
o Towles was 10-for-26 for 67 yards.
o Towles has thrown for 5,029 yards in his career, ranking sixth.
o Towles has 424 career completions, ranking sixth in UK history.
o Towles has attempted 755 passes, ranking sixth in UK history.
o Towles has 5,384 yards of total offense, ranking sixth in UK annals.
• Senior Landon Foster punted five times for a 41.2 yard average.
o Foster dropped a punt inside the 20-yard line and now has 66 in his career.
o Foster has punted 245 times in his career, a 41.8 yard average.
• Junior DE/LB Jason Hatcher finished with a career-high equaling seven tackles, including two tackles for a loss.
o Hatcher has 6.5 tackles for a loss in his career and three in 2015.
• Freshman S Mike Edwards forced his first career fumble.
o Edwards broke up his second pass of the year.
• Senior LB Khalid Henderson forced and recovered his first fumble of the year.
o Henderson has four fumbles recovered and four fumbles forced in his career.
• Sophomore Austin MacGinnis connected on a 38-yard field goal.
o MacGinnis is 10-for-12 in 2015 and 34-for-43 in his career.
o MacGinnis is 13-for-15 in his career from 30-39 yards.
o MacGinnis has 161 points in his career, just three points behind Moe Williams (1993-95) for 10th in UK history.
• Freshman TB Sihiem King had his second-longest kick return of the year, a 39 yarder to open the game.
• Sophomore WR Charles Walker served as UK’s punt returner for the first time in his career.
• Freshman LB Jordan Jones recovered his first career fumble.
• Freshman CB Chris Westry broke up his seventh pass of the year.
• Sophomore CB Kendall Randolph broke up his first pass of the year and the third of his career.
• Senior DE Farrington Huguenin set a new career high with 10 tackles.
• Seniors Landon Foster and Farrington Huguenin played in their team-leading 46th career games.
• Junior C Jon Toth started his team-leading 33rd consecutive game.