Kentucky-UNCA Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY 85, UNC ASHEVILLE 31
MARCH 19, 2016
FIRST ROUND, LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY
UNC ASHEVILLE NOTES
• UNC Asheville finished the season 26-7.
• UNC Asheville was the Big South Conference regular season and league tournament champion.
• The Bulldogs were making their first NCAA Tournament appearance. Their first was in 2007.
• Tianna Knuckles led the Bulldogs with eight points and added two rebounds.
• Chatori Major added seven points and four rebounds.
• K.J. Weaver totaled five points and led the team with eight rebounds.
• Kentucky is now 24-7 on the season.
• Kentucky is making its 13th NCAA Tournament appearance, seventh in a row under Coach Matthew Mitchell.
o UK is 18-12 all-time in the NCAA Tournament, 10-3 in first-round games.
• Kentucky had its largest margin of victory in an NCAA Tournament game and the 31 points is the fewest the Wildcats have ever allowed in a tourney game.
• Kentucky shot 50 percent from the field (33 of 66) and 3-point range (8 of 16).
• Kentucky won the rebounding, 50-31.
• Makayla Epps led the Wildcats with 24 points, the 11th time this season she scored at least 20 in a game. She tied a career high with three 3-point shots.
• Four Wildcats scored in double figures, also Janee Thompson with 13, Taylor Murray with 11 and Evelyn Akhator with 10.
• Batouly Camara led all rebounders with 11 boards.