Kentucky-Ole Miss Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY BASEBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at No. 6 Ole Miss
May 14, 2016
Swayze Field, Oxford, Miss.
FINAL SCORE: Ole Miss 7, Kentucky 5
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 29-23 overall, 13-14 in the Southeastern Conference. Ole Miss is 39-13 overall, 17-10 in the SEC
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is 255-197 in his eighth season
- Ole Miss leads the series 50-31
- Next for UK: Kentucky plays its final non-conference game of the regular season Tuesday night vs. Murray State. The game will be played at a neutral site, Brooks Stadium in Paducah, Ky., with first pitch set for 7 p.m. EDT. The game will be available on the UK Sports Radio Network.
- Kentucky is 5-10 against ranked opponents this season. UK is 5-9 against opponents ranked in the top 10
- Kentucky is 7-12 in away games this season
- UK is 19-20 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher
- UK has a 23-9 record in day games
- Kentucky is 10-4 on Saturdays
- Senior right-hander Kyle Cody made his 13th start of the season. Cody went 6.2 innings, allowing four runs – only one earned – on seven hits. He struck out seven and walked one.
* Cody has a streak of eight consecutive starts in which he has allowed three or fewer earned runs. UK has a 6-2 team record in those eight starts.
- Junior left-hander Logan Salow came on to get the final out of the seventh inning. It is fourth consecutive scoreless appearance, covering 4.2 innings.
- Freshman center fielder Tristan Pompey homered to right field in the second inning, scoring Riley Mahan. It was Pompey’s second home run of the series and seventh of the season. Mahan had reached on a single.
* Pompey added a single in the sixth inning. It is his seventh multiple-hit game of the season.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby hit his SEC-leading 12th home run in the third inning, a three-run blow that scored Evan White and Zach Reks in front of him. White and Reks had singled.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White delivered a single up the middle in the third inning, extending his hitting streak to 11 games.
* It is his second double-digit hit streak of the season, as he had a 21-game stretch from March 4 to April 3.
* He had an infield single in the seventh inning, his team-leading 22nd multi-hit game of the season.
- Sophomore shortstop Riley Mahan singled and doubled in his first two at-bats. It’s his 16th multiple-hit game of the season, second on the team