Kentucky-Ole Miss Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY BASEBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at No. 6 Ole Miss
May 13, 2016
Swayze Field, Oxford, Miss.
FINAL SCORE: Ole Miss 14, Kentucky 2
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 29-22 overall, 13-13 in the Southeastern Conference. Ole Miss is 38-13 overall, 16-10 in the SEC
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is 255-196 in his eighth season
- Ole Miss leads the series 49-31
- Next for UK: Kentucky completes the series at Ole Miss on Saturday at 5 p.m EDT, televised on WatchESPN via SEC Network+. The game also will be available on the UK Sports Radio Network
- Kentucky is 5-9 against ranked opponents this season. UK is 5-8 against opponents ranked in the top 10
- Kentucky is 7-11 in away games this season
- UK is 10-3 when facing a left-handed starting pitcher
- UK has a 6-14 record in night games
- UK is 3-5 in May
- Senior right-hander Dustin Beggs made his 13th start of the season. Beggs had an uncharacteristically tough outing, lasting 4.1 innings, giving up nine runs on 14 hits. He struck out four with no walks. His record is now 8-2.
- Junior designated hitter Gunnar McNeill had two singles and two RBI.
* It was his 14th multiple-hit game of the year and increased his team-high total of 37 RBI.
- Freshman catcher Kole Cottam doubled in the fifth inning, his sixth two-bagger of the year.
* Cottam’s double moved Dorian Hairston to third base, who scored on a Gunnar McNeill groundout.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White singled in the sixth inning, extending his hitting streak to 10 games.
* It is his second double-digit hit streak of the season, as he had a 21-game stretch from March 4 to April 3.
- Sophomore first baseman Tyler Marshall came to the plate in the eighth inning and ripped a double, his first of the season
- Sophomore shortstop Riley Mahan came to the plate in the ninth inning and doubled down the right field line, his 10th of the year