Kentucky-Ole Miss Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY BASEBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky at No. 6 Ole Miss
May 12, 2016
Swayze Field, Oxford, Miss.
FINAL SCORE: Ole Miss 3, Kentucky 1
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 29-21 overall, 13-12 in the Southeastern Conference. Ole Miss is 37-13 overall, 15-10 in the SEC
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is 255-195 in his eighth season
- Ole Miss leads the series 48-31
- Next for UK: Kentucky continues the series at Ole Miss
- Friday at 7:30 p.m. EDT, televised on WatchESPN via SEC Network+
- Saturday at 5 p.m EDT, televised on WatchESPN via SEC Network+
- The games will be available on the UK Sports Radio Network.
- Kentucky is 5-8 against ranked opponents this season. UK is 5-7 against opponents ranked in the top 10
- Kentucky is 7-10 in away games this season
- UK is 19-19 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher
- UK has a 6-13 record in night games
- UK is 3-4 in May
- Junior right-hander Zach Brown made his 13th start of the season. He gave up two runs, scattering nine hits, striking out four and walking two.
* He threw a season-high 117 pitches, one short of his career high of 118.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White returned to the lineup after a three-game absence because of a sprained thumb.
* White opened the game with a double to left field, extending his hitting streak to nine games.
* He doubled to left again in the third inning, this time a hard grounder hugging the third-base line. It is his team-leading 21st multiple-hit game of the season.
* It is the second time this season White has a pair of two-baggers in a game, also April 15 at Vanderbilt. He has a team-best 14 doubles this season.
* He added a single in the seventh, the eighth time this season he has had at least three hits in a game this season.
- Freshman center fielder Tristan Pompey cracked a home run to right-center in the third inning, his sixth home run of the season.
- Sophomore second baseman Luke Becker doubled down the left field line in the fourth inning, his 10th double of the season.
* Becker singled in the sixth and eighth, giving him his 13th multi-hit game of the season.
* It is his second three-hit game of the season, also vs. Buffalo on March 4.