Kentucky-Murray State Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY BASEBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Kentucky vs. Murray State
May 16, 2016
Brooks Stadium, Paducah, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 4, Murray State 1
The win tonight gives Kentucky its fifth-straight 30-win season under Coach Gary Henderson – first time in school history that UK has won at least 30 in five consecutive seasons.
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 30-23 overall. Murray State is 25-28
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is 256-197 in his eighth season
- Kentucky leads the series 17-6
- Next for UK: Kentucky wraps up the regular season with a three-game series vs. Missouri at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
* Thursday at 6:30 p.m., televised on SEC Network + via WatchESPN.
* Friday at 6:30 p.m.
* Saturday at 1 p.m.
* All three games will be broadcast on the UK Sports Radio Network.
- Kentucky got back-to-back home runs from Evan White and Zach Reks in the third inning. It is the second time this season that Wildcats hit consecutive long balls as Tristan Pompey and Dorian Hairston did it against Dayton on Feb. 21
- Kentucky is 8-12 in away games this season
- UK is 11-3 when facing a left-handed starting pitcher
- UK has a 7-14 record in night games.
- Sophomore left-hander Zach Logue made his eighth start of the season and earned the victory to improve his record to 3-1.
* Logue went 5.2 innings, tying his season high. He allowed no runs on five hits.
* Logue struck out seven, tying his career set on two previous occasions. He also did not walk a batter.
* Logue has not allowed more than two earned runs in any of his eight starts this season and has a 1.98 ERA as a starting pitcher.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White hit a solo home run in the third inning. He got a favorable bounce as the ball hit the top of the left field wall and bounced over.
*The home run is White’s fourth of the season.
* It extended White’s current hitting streak to 12 games. It is his second double-digit hit streak of the season as he had a 21-game string from March 4 to April 3.
- Junior left fielder Zach Reks followed White with a home run to right field.
* It is Reks’ sixth home run of the season and fifth in the last 11 games.
* It extended Reks’ hitting streak to eight games, a season long.
- Senior righ tfielder Dorian Hairston and junior DH Gunnar McNeill stroked back-to-back RBI doubles in the sixth inning. It is Hairston’s third double of the year and McNeill’s eighth two-bagger.
* Sophomore shortstop Riley Mahan had a pair of singles, his 17th multiple-hit game of the season.
* Freshman catcher Kole Cottam singled twice, his sixth multi-hit game of the season.