Kentucky-Kentucky State Postgame Notes
Kentucky Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Kentucky State at Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky.
Nov. 6, 2015
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 111, Kentucky State 58
• This was the second of Kentucky’s two exhibition games this season.
• Kentucky is 55-4 all-time in exhibition contests and has won 26 in a row, including 14-0 under Coach John Calipari.
• The regular season tips off Fri. Nov. 13 as UK hosts Albany in the opening game of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Classic.
• Kentucky’s starting lineup featured Tyler Ulis, Isaiah Briscoe, Jamal Murray, Marcus Lee and Skal Labissiere, the same starters in both exhibitions.
• Kentucky tallied five points in the first minute of the game and the Wildcats never trailed.
• The first Kentucky substitute was Isaac Humphries at the 17:17 mark.
• Leading 17-13, UK went on a 34-7 run and went to halftime ahead 51-20.
• Ulis and Murray were the scoring leaders of the first half with 15 and 14 points, respectively.
• Kentucky hit the century mark with 5:05 left in the game on a foul shot by Charles Matthews, making the score 100-50. UK had over 100 points in both exhibitions.
• Kentucky led by 53 points at the final buzzer, 111-58.
• Skal Labissiere led the Wildcats with 22 points, all coming in the second half, and made 9 of 12 field-goal attempts. He added nine rebounds.
• Jamal Murray tallied 20 points, including 7-of-7 at the foul stripe.
• Three other Wildcats scored in double figures -- Tyler Ulis with 15, Alex Poythress with 13 and Charles Matthews with 11.
• Marcus Lee led all rebounders with 11 boards and also had nine points.
• Derek Willis came off the bench and assembled six points, nine rebounds and a game-high five assists.