Kentucky-EKU Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY BASEBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Eastern Kentucky at No. 28 Kentucky
May 3, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium, Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Eastern Kentucky 5, Kentucky 4
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 27-18 overall. Eastern Kentucky is 21-25
- UK head coach Gary Henderson is 253-192 in his eighth season
- UK leads the series, 66-26-1
- Next for UK: Kentucky opens a three-game series vs. South Carolina on Friday at 6:30 p.m. The game will be televised on WatchESPN via SEC Network +.
- Kentucky is 18-8 in home games this season
- UK is 10-2 when facing a left-handed starting pitcher
- UK has a 5-11 record in night games
- UK is 1-1 in May
- UK is 3-4 on Tuesdays
- Sophomore lefthander Zach Logue made his sixth start of the season.
* Logue threw four innings, allowing three runs (two earned) on five hits. He struck out two and walked three.
* UK has a 3-3 record in Logue’s starts.
- Senior reliever Zach Strecker made his team-leading 19th appearance of the season. He threw three shutout innings, allowing two hits, striking out three and walking none.
* He has made five consecutive scoreless appearances, totaling 5.2 innings.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby hit a two-run home run in the third inning.
* It was his third long ball in the last two games. He has 10 for the season, tying for the SEC lead.
* It is his third consecutive game, and fifth of the last six, with an extra-base hit.
* He also had a single in the second inning, his 10th multi-hit game of the season.
- He made his team-leading 149th career start.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White opened the game with a bunt single, extending his hitting streak to seven games
- He has made a team-leading 97 consecutive starts
- Senior outfielder Dorian Hairston was hit by pitch three times during the game, the first time that has happened since Connor Heady was hit three times vs. Arkansas on April 11, 2015.