Kentucky-Eastern Michigan Postgame Notes
Kentucky Women’s Basketball Postgame Notes
FINAL: #11/12 Kentucky 89, Eastern Michigan 67
Memorial Coliseum - Lexington, Ky.
Nov. 25, 2015
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK secured an 89-67 victory over Eastern Michigan inside Memorial Coliseum.
- Kentucky started the season with a 5-0 record for the fifth time under Coach Matthew Mitchell.
- The Wildcats move to 2-0 all-time against Eastern Michigan.
- The Wildcats are in their 42nd season of varsity basketball, holding a 741-496 (.599) all-time record.
- Kentucky has won 54 consecutive regular season non-conference games inside Memorial Coliseum, dating back to Dec. 19, 2008 vs. Alabama A&M.
- Matthew Mitchell is in his ninth season with Kentucky and the win moves him to 229-110 overall, including a 199-81 record while at Kentucky.
- UK has outscored four of its five opponents by 20+ points this season.
- The Wildcats shot 34-of-57 from the field for a .596 clip, marking the highest shooting percentage since the Wildcats shot .607 against Arkansas on Feb. 18, 2007.
- Kentucky held EMU to 33.37% from the floor, marking the third game this season that UK has held a team under .350.
- The Wildcats outrebounded the Eagles 46-34, including a 42-20 edge in defensive rebounds.
- For the fifth straight game, UK dominated its opponent in the paint. Kentucky scored 42 points in the paint compared to EMU’s 30 points inside.
- Kentucky trailed in the first period at home for the first time in the 2015-16 season.
- UK started the second period with an 8-0 run, fueled by two 3-pointers from Maci Morris. The run extended to 15-2 over 4:21 of action.
- Eastern Michigan ended the half on a 7-0 run, holding UK scoreless for the final 4:28 of the second period.
- The Eagles were able to take a slight lead at 43-42 with 7:35 in the third period, but UK strung together a 24-4 run to end the period with a 66-47 advantage.
- The 29 points scored in the third period were the second-most that the Wildcats scored in a single period, the most being the 30 points put up against Morehead State in the fourth period on Nov. 18.
- UK ended the game with six-straight points to seal the contest.
- Kentucky has had at least 24 assists in three straight games.
- Janee Thompson recorded the second double-double of her career with 17 points and 10 assists.
o For the first time in Thompson’s career, she has scored 10+ points in four straight games.
o With her 10 assists, Thompson ties her career high.
o Thompson is the fourth Wildcat to record a double-double this season.
- Makayla Epps led the team with 21 points, scoring 20+ points for the third game this season.
- Maci Morris recorded career marks in the game with 17 points and six rebounds.
o Morris went 5-of-6 from 3-point range, becoming the first Wildcat to make five 3-pointers since Jennifer O’Neil sank the same number against Auburn on Jan. 8, 2015.
- Evelyn Akhator put up 12 points and had seven rebounds, tying Batouly Camara for the most rebounds on the team.