Kentucky-Clarion Postgame Notes
Kentucky Men’s Basketball, Clarion at Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, Ky., Oct. 30, 2016
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 108, Clarion 51
• This was the first of Kentucky’s two exhibition games this season.
• Kentucky is 56-4 all-time in exhibition contests and has won 27 in a row, including 15-0 under Coach John Calipari.
• This is the second time that UK has played Clarion in an exhibition. Calipari is a 1982 graduate of the school.
• Kentucky returns to the court next Sunday as the Wildcats play host to Asbury. The game is at 7 p.m. and will be televised on the SEC Network.
• The regular season tips off Fri. Nov. 11 as UK hosts Stephen F. Austin.
• This was Clarion’s only exhibition game. The Golden Eagles tip off their season Nov. 11 at Fairmont State.
• Kentucky’s starting lineup featured De’Aaron Fox, Isaiah Briscoe, Wenyen Gabriel, Derek Willis and Bam Adebayo.
• Kentucky tallied the first four points of the game and never trailed.
• Ahead 28-17, Kentucky closed the half with a 20-5 run for a 48-22 advantage at intermission.
• Kentucky eclipsed the century mark with 3:39 remaining on a dunk by Adebayo, making the score 101-45.
• Brad Calipari closed the Kentucky scoring with a pair of 3-pointers, giving UK had its largest lead of 57 points at the final buzzer, 108-51.
• Kentucky had balanced scoring with six Wildcats in double figures, including Malik Monk with 15 points, Bam Adebayo and Derek Willis with 13 apiece, De’Aaron Fox and Sacha Killeya-Jones with 12 each and Isaiah Briscoe with 11.
• Adebayo had a double-double with 13 points and 14 rebounds.
• Briscoe also had a double-double with 11 points and 11 assists. The 11 assists would have been a career high for him had this been an official game.
• Senior guard B.J. Andrews led Clarion with 16 points, including four 3-pointers.