Kentucky-Arkansas Postgame Notes
KENTUCKY BASEBALL POSTGAME NOTES
Arkansas at No. 12 Kentucky
April 22, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Arkansas 1, Kentucky 0 (10 innings)
Team Records and Series Notes
* Kentucky is now 23-14 overall, 9-7 in the Southeastern Conference. Arkansas is 23-15 overall, 5-11 in SEC play.
* UK head coach Gary Henderson is 249-188 in his eighth season. He is the fastest coach to 200 wins in program history.
* Arkansas leads the series, 38-24.
* Next for UK: the Wildcats complete the Arkansas series with a doubleheader Saturday at noon. The five-game homestand resumes Tuesday vs. Dayton and Wednesday vs. Miami (Ohio).
* Kentucky is 15-6 at home this season.
* UK is 5-7 in April.
* UK is 15-13 when facing a right-handed starting pitcher.
* UK has a 4-8 record in night games.
* UK is 3-7 on Fridays.
* Junior righthander Zack Brown made his 10th start of the season, 29th of his career.
* Brown went a career-long 9 2/3 innings. He was the hard-luck losing pitcher, giving up the only run of the game on a home run in the 10th inning. He allowed six hits, struck out six and walked two.
* Brown threw 115 pitches, three shy of his career high of 118 on March 7, 2015 vs. Northern Kentucky.
* Sophomore first baseman Evan White has made a team-leading 80 consecutive starts.
* Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 142nd career start.
* Making just his fourth start of the season, sophomore Tyler Marshall had a career-high three hits.
* It was his first start at second base after three previous starts at third base.
* It was his first start since March 12 vs. USC-Upstate.
* Making his first at-bat since March 22, he singled to center in his first plate appearance. He added two more singles.