Kentucky Places 45 on 2008-09 SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll
April 22, 2009
A total of 45 University of Kentucky student-athletes – second most in the league - were named to the 2008-09 Southeastern Conference Winter Academic Honor Roll, SEC Commissioner Mike Slive has announced.
UK had 13 student-athletes from the men's swimming team, 12 from women's swimming, seven from gymnastics, five each from men's basketball and rifle and three from women's basketball.
The 2008-09 SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll is based on grades from the 2008 Spring, Summer and Fall terms.
- A student-athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
- If a student-athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
- Student-athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non-scholarship student-athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
- Prior to being nominated, a student-athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
- The student-athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport's entire NCAA Championship segment.
|Univ. of Kentucky||Sport||Year||Major|
|Mark Krebs||M. Basketball||Junior||Management|
|Jodie Meeks||M. Basketball||Junior||Pre-Marketing|
|Dwight Perry||M. Basketball||Junior||Management|
|Michael Porter||M. Basketball||Junior||Management|
|Matt Scherbenske||M. Basketball||Sophomore||Management|
|Carly Morrow||W. Basketball||Sophomore||Pre-Economics|
|Carly Ormerod||W. Basketball||Senior||Biology|
|Eleia Roddy||W. Basketball||Senior||Family Studies|
|Jacque Behrendt||Gymnastics||Junior||Kinesiology-Exercise Science|
|Bridget Carreiro||Gymnastics||Senior||Kinesiology & Health Promotion|
|Hillary Ferguson||Gymnastics||Junior||Kinesiology-Exercise Science|
|Emily Green||Gymnastics||Junior||Secondary Education-Social Studies|
|Natalie Rubinstein||Gymnastics||Senior||Kinesiology-Exercise Science|
|Colleen Williams||Gymnastics||Sophomore||Undergraduate Studies|
|Leslie Angeli||Rifle||Junior||Mathematical Economics|
|James Batley||M. Swimming||Senior||Economics|
|Elvis Burrows||M. Swimming||Junior||Hospitality Management & Tourism|
|Shane Eliason||M. Swimming||Senior||Mathematical Economics|
|Kyle Greene||M. Swimming||Junior||Finance|
|Marco Iemmola||M. Swimming||Junior||Accounting|
|Justin Max||M. Swimming||Junior||Political Science|
|Eric McGinnis||M. Swimming||Junior||Kinesiology-Exercise Science|
|Travis Muzzillo||M. Swimming||Junior||Economics|
|Joe Retrum||M. Swimming||Senior||Psychology|
|Chris Richard||M. Swimming||Junior||Finance & Economics|
|Kevin Ryan||M. Swimming||Junior||Pre-Chemical Engineering|
|Justin Smith||M. Swimming||Senior||Kinesiology-Exercise Science|
|Dan Vallette||M. Swimming||Junior||Accounting|
|Lindsey Graessle||W. Swimming||Sophomore||Special Education- Moderate/SevereDisabilities|
|Leah Harms||W. Swimming||Senior||Integrated Strategic Communication|
|Casey Miller||W. Swimming||Junior||Psychology|
|Christina Morgan||W. Swimming||Junior||Nursing|
|Jenna Newsome||W. Swimming||Sophomore||Communications|
|Chatham Penrod||W. Swimming||Junior||Finance & Management|
|Megan Pulskamp||W. Swimming||Junior||Integrated Strategic Communication|
|Kelly Rames||W. Swimming||Senior||Elementary Education|
|Kayla Sergesketter||W. Swimming||Sophomore||Special Education-Moderate/Severe Disabilities|
|Anna Sirmon||W. Swimming||Junior||Elementary Education|
|Kristina Sledge||W. Swimming||Senior||Nutrition & Food Science- Hospitality Management and Tourism|
|Sydney Witzky||W. Swimming||Junior||Nutrition and Food Science-Dietetics|