UK Sports Marketing Academy Announces 2009 Speakers
April 8, 2009
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The University of Kentucky Gatton College of Business and Economics, in conjunction with IMG, UK Athletics and Big Blue Sports Marketing, today announced its lineup of speakers for the 12th annual UK Sports Marketing Academy (UKSMA) to be held May 12-14 at the University of Kentucky.
A strong lineup of presenters from prominent sports organizations will include:
- Greg Shaheen, senior vice president of basketball and business strategies, NCAA
- Mike Aresco, senior vice president of programming, CBS Sports
- Mark Whitworth, associate commissioner of external affairs, SEC
- Chris Plonsky, women's athletic director, University of Texas
- Michael Kelly, associate commissioner, football, ACC
- Chuck Gerber, television consultant, former ESPN executive
The UKSMA Professional Certification Program, designed for professionals with a strong interest in the field of sports marketing, is the first of its kind in the industry. The certification program is a rigorous academic experience taught in a university classroom setting by leading marketing faculty and sports marketing practitioners.
Registration is now open and available through www.sportsmarketing.org. Due to limited space, participants are encouraged to register early and to check the Web site periodically for updates.