Blue-White Game Notes
Kentucky Men’s Basketball, Blue/White Game
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY, Oct. 27, 2015
Attendance: really good for a scrimmage game (actually 15,007)
FINAL SCORE: White 74, Blue 66
• This was the eighth year that the Blue/White Game has been played in Rupp Arena.
• The White Team broke a 13-game losing streak. The last White victory came in 2000-01 (scrimmage not held in 2007-08).
• Two students who came to tonight's game will be awarded tuition scholarships for the spring semester. The winners are Kelsey Saylor, a freshman from Corbin, Ky., and Jordan Evers is a sophomore from Richmond, Va.
• Tonight’s attendance of 15,007 is the second-highest in Blue/White history. Only 13 schools averaged more than 15,000 in attendance during the 2014-15 season.
• Kentucky returns to the court Monday, Nov. 2, as the Wildcats play host to Ottawa. The exhibition game is at 7:00 p.m. EST and will be televised on SEC Network Plus.
• The regular season tips off Friday, Nov. 13 as UK hosts Albany in the opening game of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Classic.
• The Blue Team started Isaiah Briscoe, Jamal Murray, Derek Willis, Alex Poythress and Isaac Humphries.
• The White Team opened with Tyler Ulis, Mychal Mulder, Charles Matthews, Marcus Lee and Skal Labissiere.
• Blue began the scoring on a 3-pointer by Derek Willis.
• Blue was ahead almost the entire first half, leading by as many as 10 points at 32-22.
• White rallied and took its first lead at 39-38 with under a minute to play.
• A pair of Jamal Murray foul shots gave the Blue a 40-39 win of the first half.
• The game reset at 0-0 for the second half as some players switched sides.
• Blue began the second half with E.J. Floreal, Charles Matthews, Derek Willis, Marcus Lee and Isaac Humphries.
• White began the second half with Tyler Ulis, Isaiah Briscoe, Jamal Murray, Alex Poythress and Skal Labissiere.
• Blue scored the first eight points of the period.
• White came back to take a 13-12 lead and stretched its advantage to as many as nine points at the final second-half score of 35-26.
Player Notes (player stats are combined if they played for both teams)
• Skal Labissiere had game highs with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
• Additional double-figure scorers were Alex Poythress, Charles Matthews and Jamal Murray with 17 points each, Isaiah Briscoe with 16, Derek Willis with 14 and Marcus Lee and Tyler Ulis with 10 apiece.
• In addition to Labissiere’s 11 rebounds, Marcus Lee had double-figure board work with 10.
• Tyler Ulis distributed 15 assists.