Baseball vs. Xavier -- Postgame Notes
Xavier at No. 12 Kentucky
March 30, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: No. 12 Kentucky 6, Xavier 2
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 18-7 and Xavier is 8-17.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 244-184 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- UK leads the all-time series with Xavier, 32-8, including a 24-6 mark in games played in Lexington.
- UK has won 14 consecutive meetings in the series.
- Kentucky will return to action on Friday, traveling to Tennessee for a three-game series with first pitch slated for 6 p.m. ET at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.
- Kentucky has a 673-376-2 all-time record at Cliff Hagan Stadium and 13-3 in 2016.
- The Wildcats are 6-0 vs. a left-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 3-3 in night games.
- Kentucky is 14-5 vs. non-conference opponents.
- In midweek games, UK is 5-2.
- UK is 15-3 when scoring first.
- Sophomore southpaw Zach Logue appeared in his eighth game and made his second start.
- Logue has appeared in 27 games with five starts in his career.
- UK is 2-0 in Logue’s starts in 2016 and 3-2 in his career.
- Senior righty Zach Strecker appeared in his 10th game of the year and the 69th of his career.
- Strecker has a 3.09 ERA in his career, ranking sixth in UK history, just shy of Alex Phillips (2011-12; 3.08).
- With 69 career relief appearances, Strecker tied Trevor Gott (2011-13) for 12th in UK history.
- Strecker has inherited eight runners in 2016, allowing only two to score.
- In his career, Strecker has inherited 60 runners, allowing only 18 to score.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 71 of his 77 career starts.
- White has an 18-game hitting streak.
- White has made a team-leading 68 consecutive starts.
- White doubled for the seventh time on the year and the 19th of his career.
- White was hit by his fourth pitch of the year and the ninth of his career.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 129th career start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 112 of his 129 career starts.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 85 of his 96 career starts.
- Wilson hung his ninth career sac fly.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached base safely in 33 of his 39 career NCAA starts.
- McNeill has a team-high 20-game hitting streak, the longest current streak in the SEC.
- McNeill has reached in all 25 games of his UK career.
- McNeill doubled for the fifth time.
- Freshman catcher Kole Cottam laid down his first career sacrifice bunt.
- Cottam has 10 RBI on the year, leading UK’s catchers.
- Junior lefty Logan Salow appeared in his seventh game of the year in relief and the 53rd of his career.
- Salow is 1-0 in 2016 and 4-5 in his career.
- Junior rightfielder Zach Reks laid down his first career bunt single.
- Freshman leftfielder Tristan Pompey doubled for the fifth time.
- Pompey has seven multi-RBI games and five multi-hit games.
- Freshman lefty Daniel Tillo appeared in his seventh game.
- Sophomore shortstop Riley Mahan stole his fifth base of the year and the sixth of his career.
- Junior Marcus Carson was hit by his third pitch of the year and the seventh of his career.
- Senior lefty Dylan Dwyer appeared in his fifth game of the year and the 49th of his career.
- Senior righty Bo Wilson appeared in his seventh game of the year.