Baseball vs. USC Upstate (3/12/16) -- Postgame Notes
USC Upstate at Kentucky (Game One)
March 12, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 3, USC Upstate 0
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 11-3 and USC Upstate is 8-8.
- Kentucky leads the all-time series, 4-1, winning the both meetings in Lexington.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 238-178 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- Kentucky has a 670-371-2 all-time record at Cliff Hagan Stadium and 8-0 in 2016.
- UK has won nine straight at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Under Henderson, UK is 208-10 when staked to an eighth-inning lead and since he arrived in Lexington to direct the pitching staff, UK is 361-22 when owning an eighth-inning lead.
- UK is 9-0 when holding an eighth-inning lead in 2016.
- UK is 10-3 in day games.
- UK is 5-0 when scoring in the first inning and 9-1 when scoring first.
- UK is 8-3 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- Kentucky is 7-0 in the blue jersey, white pants uniform combination.
- UK is 0-1 when hitting at least one home run.
- UK is 11-0 when outscoring its opponent.
- UK turned its 11th double play of the year.
- Senior right-hander Dustin Beggs made his fourth start of the year and the 18th of his career.
- Beggs is 11-4 in his career and 4-0 in 2016.
- With a .733 career winning percentage, Beggs ranks third in UK history.
- Beggs is the first UK pitcher to win his first four starts since Taylor Rogers in 2012, when he went 4-0 with a 4.24 ERA.
- Only Beggs, Rogers and Greg Dombrowski in 2006, with complete records back to 2002, earned the win their first four starts of the year.
- With a 3.02 ERA in his career, Beggs ranks fifth in UK history.
- Beggs has 12 quality starts in his career, including all four starts in 2016.
- When Beggs starts, UK is 12-6 in his career, including 4-0 in 2016.
- Beggs picked off his second runner of the year and the sixth of his career.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 60 of his 66 career starts.
- White is 16 for his last 28 and over his last 33 trips to the plate, has reached base safely 23 times.
- White has 93 hits in his career.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 75 of his 85 career starts.
- Wilson has reached base safely in 12 straight games.
- Wilson has a club-best six doubles in 2016 and 18 in his career.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached base safely in 22 of his 28 career NCAA starts.
- McNeill has a team-high nine-game hitting streak.
- McNeill has reached in all 14 games of his UK career.
- Sophomore third baseman Tyler Marshall belted his first career home run.
- Marshall collected his first career two-hit game.
- Senior righty Bo Wilson appeared in his 63rd career NCAA game, his fifth of 2016 and his 15th at Kentucky.
- Wilson has inherited seven runners in his UK career, allowing two to score.
- Senior right-hander Zach Strecker appeared in his fifth game of the year and the 64th of his career.
- Strecker has inherited 58 runners in his career, allowing 17 to score.
- Freshman righty Sean Hjelle appeared in his sixth game of the year, earning his third save in as many chances.