Baseball vs. Murray State -- Postgame Notes
Murray State at Kentucky
March 9, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 11, Murray State 1
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 9-3 and Murray State is 6-8.
- UK leads the all-time series with Murray State, 17-6, including a 14-1 record in games played in Lexington.
- UK has won the last three meetings.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 236-178 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- Kentucky will return to action on Friday, opening a three-game series with USC Upstate with first pitch slated for 4 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Kentucky has a 668-371-2 all-time record at Cliff Hagan Stadium and 6-0 in 2016.
- UK has won seven straight at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Under Henderson, UK is 206-10 when staked to an eighth-inning lead and since he arrived in Lexington to direct the pitching staff, UK is 359-22 when owning an eighth-inning lead.
- UK is 8-0 when holding an eighth-inning lead in 2016.
- UK is 8-3 in day games.
- UK is 6-3 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 8-1 when scoring first and 4-0 when scoring in the first inning.
- Kentucky is 3-0 when scoring at least 10 runs.
- UK is 7-0 when outhitting its opponent.
- UK turned its 10th double play of the year.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 58 of his 64 career starts.
- With his fifth consecutive multi-hit game, White is 14-for his last 21.
- Over his last 24 trips to the plate, White has reached base safely 19 times.
- White ripped his fourth double of the year and the 16th of his career.
- White collected his sixth multi-hit game of the year.
- White has 24 multi-hit games in his career.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 73 of his 83 career starts.
- Wilson has reached base safely in 10 straight games.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached base safely in 20 of his 26 career starts.
- McNeill has a team-high seven-game hitting streak.
- McNeill has reached in all 12 games of his UK career.
- Junior JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 118th consecutive start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 102 of his 119 career starts.
- Shelby has 122 hits in his career, passing Taylor Black (2010-11) and Marcus Nidiffer (2009-12) for 36th in UK history.
- Shelby has four homers on the year and 17 in his career.
- Combined with his brother John Shelby (2004-06), the Shelby family has hit 50 career homers.
- Sophomore righty Zach Pop made his second start of the year and the fourth of his career, appearing in 14 games in his career.
- UK is 3-1 in Pop’s career starts.
- Pop worked a career-long four innings, striking out a career-best four.
- Senior southpaw Dylan Dwyer appeared in his second game of the year and the 46th of his career.
- Dwyer has inherited 25 runners in his career, allowing eight to score.
- Dwyer is 9-3 in his career.
- Dwyer has won 75 percent of his decisions.
- Freshman catcher Kole Cottam caught his second career runner stealing.
- Opponents trying to steal vs. Cottam are 0-for-2 in 2016.
- Sophomore shortstop Riley Mahan stole his third base of the year and the fourth of his career.
- Freshman leftfielder Tristan Pompey doubled for the second time in his career.
- Senior Dorian Hairston hung his first sac fly of the year and the second of his career.
- Senior righty Bo Wilson appeared in his fourth game of the year and the 63rd in his NCAA career.
- Sophomore southpaw Brad Schaenzer appeared in his fifth game of the year and the 19th of his career.
- Freshman southpaw Josh Smith appeared in his third game.