Baseball vs. Morehead State -- Postgame Notes
Morehead State at Kentucky
March 22, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 10, Morehead State 5
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 15-5 and Morehead State is 12-8.
- UK leads the series with Morehead State, 46-26, including a 33-13 mark in games played in Lexington.
- UK won the meeting last year in Lexington, 9-4, and has won seven of the last eight in the series.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 242-180 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- Henderson is 6-1 in his career vs. Morehead State.
- UK will return to action this weekend, hosting No. 1 Florida in a three-game series, starting on Friday at 6:30 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Under Henderson, UK is 212-10 when staked to an eighth-inning lead and since he arrived in Lexington to direct the pitching staff, UK is 365-22 when owning an eighth-inning lead.
- UK is 13-0 when holding an eighth-inning lead in 2016.
- UK is 2-1 in night games.
- UK has an 11-5 record vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- Kentucky is 13-1 when scoring first and 9-0 when scoring in the first inning.
- UK is 12-2 in March.
- UK is 5-2 in its all white uniform combination.
- UK is 2-1 on Tuesdays.
- Kentucky’s four-run first was its highest scoring first inning of the year.
- UK turned its 15th, 16th and 17th double plays of the year and its first 1-6-3 of 2016.
- Senior lefty Dylan Dwyer appeared in his fourth game of the year and the 48th of his career.
- Dwyer has a 10-3 record in his career and is 2-0 in 2016.
- Dwyer has won 77 percent of his career decisions, ranking third in UK history.
- Dwyer has inherited six runners in 2016, not allowing any to score.
- Dwyer has inherited 32 runners in his career, allowing eight to score.
- Junior southpaw Logan Salow appeared in his fifth game of the year and the 51st in his career.
- Salow has inherited seven runners in relief in 2016, allowing three to score.
- In his career, Salow has inherited 54 runners, allowing 15 to score.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 124th career start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 106 of his 124 career starts.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached base safely in 28 of his 34 career NCAA starts.
- McNeill has a team-high 15 game hitting streak.
- McNeill has reached in all 20 games of his UK career.
- McNeill has a team-leading nine multi-hit games.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 66 of his 72 career starts.
- White has a 13 game hitting streak.
- White has made a team-leading 63 consecutive starts.
- White stole his team-high seventh base of the year and the 10th of his career.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 80 of his 91 career starts.
- Wilson doubled for the team-leading eighth time in 2016 and the 20th time in his career.
- Sophomore righty Zach Pop appeared in his fifth game of the year and made his fourth start.
- Pop has appeared in 16 games with six starts in his career.
- UK is 3-1 in Pop’s 2016 starts and 4-2 in his career starts.
- Sophomore catcher Troy Squires caught his third runner stealing in six attempts.
- Squires laid down his team-high fourth sac bunt of the year.
- Sophomore shortstop Riley Mahan collected his third multi-RBI game of the year.
- Mahan has eight multi-hit games in 2016.
- Mahan stole his fourth base of 2016 and the fifth of his career.
- Senior catcher Zach Arnold hung his first sac fly of the year and the fourth of his career.
- Arnold collected his first multi-RBI game of the year.
- Junior rightfielder Zach Reks was hit by his first career pitch.
- Reks doubled for the second time.
- Reks has three multi-hit games.
- Freshman leftfielder Tristan Pompey doubled for the fourth time in 2016.
- Sophomore Brad Schaenzer appeared in his sixth game of the year and the 20th of his career.
- Sophomore second baseman Luke Becker has reached base safely in 16 of his 18 career starts.
- Sophomore lefty Zach Logue appeared in his seventh game of the year and the 26th of his career.
- Freshman righty Sean Hjelle appeared in his seventh game of the year.