Baseball vs. Florida (3/27/16) -- Postgame Notes
No. 1 Florida at No. 29 Kentucky
March 27, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: No. 29 Kentucky 5, No. 1 Florida 4 (10 innings)
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 17-6, 4-2 in the Southeastern Conference. Florida is 23-3, 4-2 in the SEC.
- Florida leads the all-time series with Kentucky, 136-64-1, including a 55-30-1 all-time record in games played in Lexington.
- Kentucky has won four consecutive series meetings vs. Florida.
- For 11 consecutive years, the series with UK and Florida has ended 2-1.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 242-183 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- Kentucky will return to action on Tuesday, hosting Northern Kentucky at 6:30 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Kentucky has a 672-375-2 all-time record at Cliff Hagan Stadium and 12-2 in 2016.
- UK is 2-1 against ranked teams in 2016.
- Kentucky has won a series vs. the nation’s No. 1 ranked team in three consecutive seasons, 2014 (South Carolina), 2015 (at LSU) and 2016 (vs. Florida).
- UK is 108-152 all-time vs. ranked opponents.
- UK has a 27-36 all-time record vs. top-five foes.
- UK is 15-20 all-time vs. a ranked Florida team.
- UK is 10-13 all-time vs. No. 1 teams.
- Kentucky is 15-4 in day games.
- UK is 12-6 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 4-1 on Sundays.
- Kentucky is 6-2 in its all white uniform combination.
- Kentucky picked off its ninth runner of the year.
- Kentucky is 2-0 in extra-inning games in 2016.
- Dating back to 2003, UK is 24-23 in extra-inning games.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 69 of his 75 career starts.
- White has a 16 game hitting streak.
- White has made a team-leading 66 consecutive starts.
- White has 107 hits in his career, tying him with Micheal Thomas (2009-12) for 40th in UK history.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 127th career start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 109 of his 127 career starts.
- Shelby has seven two-out hits in 2016.
- Shelby has 128 hits in his career, passing Mike Breyman (2003-04) for 31st in UK history.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 83 of his 94 career starts.
- Senior righty Kyle Cody made his 34th career start in his 53rd appearance.
- UK is 5-1 in Cody’s starts in 2016 and 20-14 in his career.
- Cody worked his third quality start of the year and the 13th of his career.
- Cody picked off his first runner of the year and the second of his career.
- Sophomore shortstop Riley Mahan doubled for the fifth time in 2016 and the 10th time in his career.
- Mahan has seven two-out hits in 2016 and four two-out RBI.
- Mahan has nine multi-hit games in 2016.
- Mahan belted his third homer of the year and the fourth of his career.
- Sophomore catcher Troy Squires was hit by his third pitch of the year.
- Junior leftfielder Zach Reks had his fourth two-out hit.
- Reks was hit by his second pitch of the year.
- Reks collected his fourth multi-hit game.
- Reks doubled for the third time.
- Reks had a career-high three hits.
- Sophomore second baseman Luke Becker doubled for the sixth time in 2016.
- Becker has eight multi-hit games in 2016.
- Junior rightfielder Marcus Carson was hit by his second pitch of the year and the sixth of his career.
- Freshman catcher Kole Cottam has two pinch-hit singles in 2016.
- Cottam was hit by his second pitch of the year.
- Freshman righty Sean Hjelle appeared in his eighth game.
- Hjelle is 1-0 in his career.
- Senior righty Zach Strecker appeared in his 68th career game and his ninth of 2016.
- Strecker ranks 13th in UK history in appearances, equaling Craig Snipp (2003-06).
- Strecker has a 3.28 ERA in his career, ranking eighth in UK history.