Baseball vs. Florida (3/26/16) -- Postgame Notes
No. 1 Florida at No. 29 Kentucky
March 26, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: No. 29 Kentucky 7, No. 1 Florida 4
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 16-6, 3-2 in the Southeastern Conference. Florida is 23-2, 4-1 in the SEC.
- The loss snapped Florida’s 17-game winning streak, the second-longest streak in program history.
- Florida leads the all-time series with Kentucky, 136-65-1, including a 55-31-1 all-time record in games played in Lexington.
- For 11 consecutive years, the series with UK and Florida has ended 2-1.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 243-181 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- 62 of Henderson’s wins have come against a ranked foe.
- The series will resume on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium. The game will be broadcast live on SEC Network +, available on the ESPN app, and on the UK Radio Network, available in Lexington on WLAP 630-AM.
- Kentucky has a 673-373-2 all-time record at Cliff Hagan Stadium and 11-2 in 2016.
- Under Henderson, UK is 213-10 when staked to an eighth-inning lead and since he arrived in Lexington to direct the pitching staff, UK is 366-22 when owning an eighth-inning lead.
- UK is 14-0 when holding an eighth-inning lead in 2016.
- UK is 1-1 against ranked teams in 2016.
- UK is 107-152 all-time vs. ranked opponents.
- UK has a 26-36 all-time record vs. top-five foes.
- UK is 14-20 all-time vs. a ranked Florida team.
- UK is 9-13 all-time vs. No. 1 teams.
- UK is 14-2 when scoring first and 10-0 when scoring in the first inning.
- Kentucky is 13-2 when hitting at least one homer.
- UK has picked off eight runners through 22 games.
- Kentucky has an 8-0 record in its blue uniform, white pants combination.
- UK is 16-0 when outscoring its opponent.
- UK is 9-1 when making one error.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 68 of his 74 career starts.
- White has a 15 game hitting streak.
- White hit his second home run of the year and the third of his career.
- UK is 2-0 in 2016 when White homers and 3-1 in his career.
- White has made a team-leading 65 consecutive starts.
- White laid down his third bunt single of the year.
- White has eight multi-hit games in 2016 and 28 in his career.
- White stole his eighth base in as many attempts.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 126th career start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 108 of his 126 career starts.
- Shelby has 127 hits in his career, ranking tied with Mike Breyman (2003-04) for 31st in UK history.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached base safely in 30 of his 36 career NCAA starts.
- McNeill has a team-high 17 game hitting streak.
- McNeill has reached in all 22 games of his UK career.
- McNeill has four doubles on the year.
- Senior right-hander Dustin Beggs made his 20th career start and his sixth of the year.
- Beggs is 13-4 in his career and 7-3 in SEC play.
- In his career, UK has a 14-6 record in Beggs’ starts and is 6-0 in 2016.
- Beggs picked off his third and fourth runners of the year and has eight in his career.
- Beggs has a 3.27 ERA in his career, ranking seventh in UK history.
- Beggs has won 76 percent of his decisions, ranking fourth in UK annals.
- Junior Connor Heady made his first start of the year at shortstop, making his fourth start of the season.
- Heady has made 59 career starts at shortstop.
- Senior rightfielder Dorian Hairston belted his second home run of the year and the sixth of his career.
- UK is 2-0 when Hairston homers in 2016.
- Junior rightfielder Zach Reks collected his team-high third pinch hit knock of the year.
- Reks recorded his first outfield assist of the year.
- Freshman righty Justin Lewis appeared in his eighth game of the year.
- Lewis has inherited eight runners on the year, allowing one to score.
- Lewis notched his team-leading fourth save of the year.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 82 of his 93 career starts.
- Sophomore catcher Troy Squires was used as a pinch hitter for the first time in 2016.
- Freshman leftfielder Tristan Pompey was hit by his third career pitch.