Baseball vs. Florida (3/25/16) -- Postgame Notes
No. 1 Florida at No. 29 Kentucky
March 25, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Florida 12, Kentucky 5
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 15-6, 2-2 in the Southeastern Conference. Florida is 23-1, 4-0 in the SEC.
- Florida leads the all-time series with Kentucky, 136-64-1, including a 55-30-1 all-time record in games played in Lexington.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 242-181 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- The series will resume on Saturday at 2 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium. The game will be broadcast live on SEC Network +, available on the ESPN app, and on the UK Radio Network, available in Lexington on WLAP 630-AM. UK will start senior righty Dustin Beggs (5-0, 1.77 ERA) vs. the potential No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 MLB Draft, Florida junior southpaw A.J. Puk (1-1, 1.88 ERA).
- Kentucky has a 672-373-2 all-time record at Cliff Hagan Stadium and 10-2 in 2016.
- UK is 2-2 in night games.
- UK has an 11-6 record vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK has a 2-4 record on Fridays.
- UK is 0-1 against top-ranked teams in 2016.
- UK is 106-152 all-time vs. ranked opponents.
- UK has a 25-36 all-time record vs. top-five foes.
- UK is 13-20 all-time vs. a ranked Florida team.
- UK is 8-13 all-time vs. No. 1 teams
- UK is 1-3 in its black uniform, white pants combination.
- UK is 13-2 when scoring first.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 125th career start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 107 of his 125 career starts.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached base safely in 29 of his 35 career NCAA starts.
- McNeill has a team-high 16 game hitting streak.
- McNeill has reached in all 21 games of his UK career.
- McNeill has eight multi-RBI games in his career and 10 multi-hit games.
- McNeill made his first career pitching appearance.
- McNeill struck out Buddy Reed for his first UK strikeout.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 67 of his 73 career starts.
- White has a 14 game hitting streak.
- White has made a team-leading 64 consecutive starts.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 81 of his 92 career starts.
- Wilson was hit by his seventh pitch of the year and the 33rd of his career.
- Wilson tied Braden Kapteyn (2009-11) for fifth in UK history in career HBP.
- Junior righty Zack Brown made his 40th career appearance and his 25th start.
- Brown has an 8-11 record in his career and 1-4 in 2016.
- Brown is 5-7 in SEC action in his career.
- UK is 2-4 in Brown’s starts and 13-12 in his career starts.
- Brown picked off his third runner of the year and the sixth of his career.
- Freshman leftfielder Tristan Pompey collected his fifth two-out hit and his eighth two-out RBI of the year.
- Junior left-hander Logan Salow appeared in his 52nd career game and his sixth of 2016.
- Salow has inherited nine runners, allowing three to score.
- Salow has inherited 56 runners in his career, allowing 15 to score.
- Freshman catcher Kole Cottam picked off his first runner of the year.
- Sophomore righty Zach Pop appeared in his 17th career game and his sixth of the year.
- Freshman southpaw Daniel Tillo appeared in his sixth game of the year.