Baseball vs. Buffalo (3/5/16) -- Postgame Notes
Buffalo at Kentucky
March 5, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium -- Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 14, Buffalo 3
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 6-3 and Buffalo is 4-4.
- UK leads the series between the two teams, 8-0.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 233-178 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- The series will conclude on Sunday at 1 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Kentucky has a 665-371-2 all-time record at Cliff Hagan Stadium and 3-0 in 2016.
- Under Henderson, UK is 204-10 when staked to an eighth-inning lead and since he arrived in Lexington to direct the pitching staff, UK is 357-22 when owning an eighth-inning lead.
- UK is 5-3 in day games.
- Kentucky is 3-0 when facing a left-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 3-0 on Saturdays.
- UK is 6-1 when it scores first and 3-0 when scoring in the first inning.
- When wearing its blue/white uniform combination, UK is 5-0.
- UK is 3-0 when hitting at least two homers.
- UK is 1-0 when not committing an error.
- UK is 5-0 when outhitting its opponent.
- UK s 4-3 when committing an error.
- UK is 6-0 when outscoring its opponent.
- UK tied its season high with 20 hits, also done vs. Dayton.
- Senior right-hander Dustin Beggs made his third start of the year and the 18th of his career.
- Beggs is 10-4 in his career.
- With a .714 career winning percentage, Beggs ranks fifth in UK history.
- With a 3.26 ERA in his career, Beggs ranks seventh in UK history.
- Beggs has 11 quality starts in his career.
- When Beggs starts, UK is 11-6 in his career, including 3-0 in 2016.
- Junior JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 115th consecutive start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 99 of his 116 career starts.
- Shelby hung his fourth career sac fly and his first of 2016.
- Shelby was hit by his 18th career pitch.
- Shelby stole his second base of the year and the sixth of his career.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 55 of his 61 career starts.
- White stole his team-high third base of the year and the sixth of his career.
- White tied his career high with four hits, has seven hits on the weekend, and has 25 career multi-hit games.
- White had a career-high four RBI.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 70 of his 80 career starts.
- Wilson was hit by his third and fourth pitches of the year and the 30th of his career.
- Wilson moves into sole possession of eighth place in career HBP, passing Chad Wright (2009-11).
- Thomas Bernal (2012-15) holds the UK career HBP record (39).
- Wilson stole his second base of the year and the 13th of his career.
- Wilson doubled three times, the first time in his career with three doubles in a game.
- Wilson has 15 doubles on the year.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached base safely in 17 of his 23 career starts.
- McNeill had his eighth two-out hit and his fifth two-out RBI.
- McNeill has reached base in a team-leading nine straight games.
- McNeill stole his first career base.
- McNeill set a new career high with three hits.
- Sophomore shortstop Riley Mahan has reached base safely in 25 of his 31 career starts.
- Mahan stole his second base of the year and the third of his career.
- Mahan hit his second homer of the year and the third of his career.
- UK is 3-0 when Mahan homers.
- Mahan has 10 multi-hit games in his career and five in 2016.
- Freshman centerfielder Tristan Pompey stole his first career base.
- Pompey was hit by his first career pitch.
- Freshman two-way player Josh Smith appeared in his first career game as a hitter.
- Senior outfielder Dorian Hairston collected his 14th career multi-hit game.
- Freshman righty Justin Lewis appeared in his third game of the year.
- Junior Zach Reks doubled for the first time in his career.