Baseball vs. Alabama (4/10/16) -- Postgame Notes
Alabama at No. 13 Kentucky
April 10, 2016
Cliff Hagan Stadium – Lexington, Ky.
FINAL SCORE: Alabama 2, No. 13 Kentucky 1
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 22-9, 8-4 in the Southeastern Conference. Alabama is 19-13, 6-6 in the SEC.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 247-186 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- Alabama leads the all-time series, 60-39, including a 24-19 mark in Lexington.
- Kentucky will return to action on Tuesday, hosting Eastern Kentucky at 6:30 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Kentucky has a 675-377-2 all-time record at Cliff Hagan Stadium and 15-4 in 2016.
- UK is 4-2 in April.
- UK is 14-8 vs. a right-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 4-2 vs. SEC opponents at The Cliff.
- Kentucky is 18-5 in day games.
- UK is 5-2 on Sundays.
- UK is 4-6 when its opponent score first and 1-4 when its opponent scores in the first inning.
- Senior righty Kyle Cody appeared in his 55th career game and made his 36th career start.
- Cody has five quality starts on the year and 15 in his career.
- Cody is 3-2 in 2016 and 1-1 in SEC play.
- UK is 6-2 in Cody’s starts in 2016 and 21-15 in his career.
- Cody ranks 15th in UK career history in games started.
- Senior righty Zach Strecker appeared in his team-leading 13th game of the year.
- Strecker appeared in his 72nd career game, ranking ninth in UK history.
- Strecker has inherited 11 runners on the year, allowing only three to score.
- Strecker has inherited 63 runners in his career, allowing only 19 to score.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has made a team-leading 75 consecutive starts.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached safely in 30 of his 31 UK games.
- McNeill doubled for the seventh time.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 136th career start.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 93 of his 102 career starts.
- Sophomore catcher Troy Squires caught his fourth runner stealing.
- Junior southpaw Logan Salow appeared in his eighth game of the year and the 54th of his career.