Baseball at Tennessee (4/3/16) -- Postgame Notes
No. 12 Kentucky at Tennessee
April 3, 2016
Lindsey Nelson Stadium -- Knoxville, Tenn.
FINAL SCORE: No. 12 Kentucky 10, Tennessee 2
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 20-8, 6-3 in the Southeastern Conference. Tennessee is 17-11, 3-6 in the SEC.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 246-185 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- Tennessee leads the all-time series, 154-148.
- Kentucky will return to action on Wednesday, playing host to No. 4 Louisville at 7:30 p.m. ET at Cliff Hagan Stadium.
- Under Henderson, UK is 216-10 when staked to an eighth-inning lead and since he arrived in Lexington to direct the pitching staff, UK is 369-22 when owning an eighth-inning lead.
- UK is 17-0 when holding an eighth-inning lead in 2016.
- Kentucky is 5-3 on the road in 2016.
- UK is 4-2 on the road in SEC play.
- The Wildcats are 8-1 vs. a left-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 2-1 in April.
- UK is 17-4 in day games.
- UK is 3-1 in its blue uniform, grey pants combination.
- UK is 17-3 when scoring first.
- Senior righty Kyle Cody made his 54th career appearance and his 35th start.
- Cody has a 14-8 career record.
- UK is 6-1 in Cody’s starts in 2016 and 21-14 in his career.
- Cody has four quality starts in 2016 and 14 in his career.
- Cody has won 64 percent of his decisions, ranking 12th in UK history.
- Cody started 17 of the 29 hitters he faced with a first-pitch strike.
- Senior righty Zach Strecker appeared in his 70th career game.
- Strecker is tied with Scott Wade (2000-03) and Brian Reed (1991-94) for 10th all-time in appearances.
- Strecker has inherited 10 runners in 2016, allowing three to score.
- Strecker has inherited 62 runners in his career, allowing 19 to score.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 74 of his 80 career starts.
- White has a 21-game hitting streak.
- White has made a team-leading 72 consecutive starts.
- White has 115 hits in his career, ranking tied with Gunnar Glad (2009-10) for 39th in UK history.
- White has tripled twice in 2016 and three times in his career.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached base safely in 36 of his 42 career NCAA starts.
- McNeill has a team-high 23-game hitting streak, the longest streak in the SEC and the longest in UK history.
- McNeill has reached in all 28 games of his UK career.
- McNeill doubled for the sixth time.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 132nd career start.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 88 of his 99 career starts.
- Sophomore second baseman Luke Becker was hit by his first career pitch.
- Becker hung his second sac fly of the year.
- Sophomore catcher Troy Squires doubled for the second time.
- Squires has two, two-out hits and three two-out RBI.
- Senior rightfielder Dorian Hairston laid down his first sac bunt of the year and the third of his career.
- Sophomore shortstop Riley Mahan hung his second sac fly of the year and the third of his career.