Baseball at Tennessee (4/1/16) -- Postgame Notes
No. 12 Kentucky at Tennessee
April 1, 2016
Lindsey Nelson Stadium – Knoxville, Tenn.
FINAL SCORE: Tennessee 14, No. 12 Kentucky 5
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 18-8, 4-3 in the Southeastern Conference. Tennessee is 17-9, 3-4 in the SEC.
- UK head coach Gary Henderson has a 244-185 all-time record in his eighth year. He is the fastest coach to reach 200 wins in program history.
- Tennessee leads the all-time series, 154-146, including a 90-66 all-time mark in Lexington.
- The series will resume on Saturday at 4 p.m. ET at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.
- Kentucky is 3-3 on the road in 2016.
- UK is 2-2 on the road in SEC play.
- The Wildcats are 6-1 vs. a left-handed starting pitcher.
- UK is 3-4 in night games.
- Kentucky is 2-5 on Fridays.
- UK is 0-1 in April.
- UK is 1-1 in its black uniform, grey pants combination.
- Kentucky is 9-2 when committing an error.
- UK is 1-3 when allowing its opponent to score in the first inning.
- Sophomore first baseman Evan White has reached base safely in 72 of his 78 career starts.
- White has a 19-game hitting streak.
- It is the longest hitting streak for a UK player since teammate Gunnar McNeill’s current 21-game streak and Caleb Stewart’s 2004 20-game streak.
- White has made a team-leading 70 consecutive starts.
- White doubled for the eighth time and the 20th time in his career.
- White has stolen nine bases in 10 attempts in 2016 and 12 of 14 in his career.
- Junior DH Gunnar McNeill has reached base safely in 34 of his 40 career NCAA starts.
- McNeill has a team-high 21-game hitting streak, the longest current streak in the SEC.
- McNeill’s streak surpasses the modern-era record (2003-present) for the longest hitting streak, passing Caleb Stewart (2004).
- McNeill has reached in all 26 games of his UK career.
- McNeill passes Sawyer Carroll’s 2008 streak of reaching in 25 straight for fifth in UK history.
- McNeill has a team-high 16 two-out hits.
- Junior third baseman JaVon Shelby made his team-leading 130th career start.
- Shelby has reached base safely in 113 of his 130 career starts.
- Shelby was hit by his seventh pitch of the year and the 23rd of his career.
- Shelby is tied with Luke Maile (2010-12) for 12th in UK history in HBP.
- Junior centerfielder Storm Wilson has reached base safely in 86 of his 97 career starts.
- Junior righty Zack Brown made his 41st career appearance and his 26th start.
- UK is 2-5 in Brown’s starts in 2016 and 13-13 in his career.
- Brown is 8-12 in his career and 5-8 in the SEC.
- Freshman catcher Kole Cottam caught his third runner stealing in eight attempts.
- Senior lefty Dylan Dwyer appeared in his sixth game of the year and the 50th of his career.